WR450 03 Carb question

5 replies to this topic
  • Bouncer

Posted June 20, 2006 - 12:07 AM

Good day from Oz!

The fuel hose from the gas tank connects onto the carb via a 90 deg elbow fitting?

Is this elbow fitting on the carb a push fit, or screwed? Or other??? How can I move the angle of this fitting? :excuseme:

I guess you will ask so I may as well tell ya! Some Enduro rider out here has put a fuel catalyst on his bike that apparently aids combustion and help lube the engine and it was in the mag recently out here. Probably as mush use as a dead dingos donger.

Just wondering...

• SteadyEddy

Posted June 20, 2006 - 03:06 AM

Hey fellow aussie, :excuseme:

What mag did you see that in?

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 20, 2006 - 06:56 AM

The tube is a press fit with 3 rubber O-rings. :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bouncer

Posted June 21, 2006 - 02:12 AM

Australasian Dirt Bike Nov 05.

Apparently strapped on to Heffermans bike for the Finke Desert race as a trial.

Better combustion = bettter fuel ecconomy and power.

Don't know if its any good other than the mag report, although seen the small unit still attached to Heffo's bike in a recent mag artical.

I am on a two day training course with him 3/4 July so will find out more then!!!!

• Bouncer

Posted June 21, 2006 - 02:13 AM

Thx Indy

• Matty05

Posted June 21, 2006 - 05:49 AM

I saw that, it puts tin into the fuel insetad of using leaded petrol.
That little thing (15cms long!) weighed over 1kg.

You can get the same effect just by using valve saver fluid, which contains the lead replacement metals such as tin.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.