Hour meter question???

2 replies to this topic
  • sidewinder2

Posted June 19, 2006 - 10:58 PM

I just installed an hour meter with the RPM gauge also. I got the bike running and the RPMs were reading good. I then proceeded to take the bike around the block and surely went over the 9999 rpm limit. I parked it and left it running and the RPM gauge was going haywire. Read 50, 1650, 500, 650, so I figure I blew up the RPM feature. :bonk: My question is will the hour meter still operate properly??? or have I blown that up also??? :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sidewinder2

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:19 AM

:excuseme:

• odonnks

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:53 AM

I wouldn't expect that you would damage the unit by overranging it.
It may have been bouncing at idle from the irregular idle these have working against the slower sample time of the gauge
Try a ride again or just increase the throttle while parked to see if it stabilizes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.