Still use white fins w/ Unabiker rad guards?

4 replies to this topic
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted June 19, 2006 - 07:50 PM

Do the stock radiator air flow guides/protectors get chucked with the Unabiker guards for a 2006 WR450? Either way, how does the cooling efficiency of the Unabikers compare with the plain stock setup?

I am concerned that the works Connectin guards are not very stout :excuseme:

• 1BLUEsky

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:08 PM

Keep the plastic guards in case you know that youll be riding in severe mud. From looking at my Unabikers I believe the front rad guard could be removed and replaced with the stock piece. I ride woods and will not ride with any thing less than the full protection I get from my Unabikers.I had the Works braces and they help but in my opinion are best on MX bikes and Super motards that wont be dropped on a broken stump sticking up from the ground :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:12 PM

So Unabikers without the plastic deflector/guides still cool just as well?

Thanks!

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:14 PM

So Unabikers without the plastic deflector/guides still cool just as well?

Thanks!

Better! The white deflectors are there just for that, deflecting roost.

• 06WR450FSM

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the guidance :excuseme:

Looks like Unabikers are superior over Works Connection for overall protection and cooling :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.