steering damper on a 650L

Has anybody put a scotts damper on their 650L using the stock triple clamps? If so, how does it feel on the road? I have a forward mount on my XR400 and it works great on the trails, but I wonder how a damper on the 650L would feel on the highway. Has anybody had any issues with them on the road? I would guess that the bike feels a lot more stable, but I would like to hear what people that have dampers have to say about them.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine installed on my 04 650L and love it. It's awesome. I also have a superbrace forkbrace and together the front end is on a rail. It's the best mod you can do to your bike. I've got an aftermarket triple clamp so I welded on the post. It's really worth the effort to get one of these.

I just got mine installed on my 04 650L and love it. It's awesome. I also have a superbrace forkbrace and together the front end is on a rail. It's the best mod you can do to your bike. I've got an aftermarket triple clamp so I welded on the post. It's really worth the effort to get one of these.

nice! love to see a pic of the triples w/ this on. how did you do the ignition?

rob

I got the RSW triple clamp and drilled the holes out a little for the scotts lower perches and had to cut the collar off the bolt-on tower/pin assembly and weld on tower/pin because the tightening bolts on the collar hit the underside of the triple clamp. With the RSW triple clamp the ignition is in the same place as with the stock. It has plenty of room with the stabilizer mounted on the bar clamp. I'll try to get a pic to you soon.