MX Video Games

12 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 09, 2001 - 11:58 PM

I have been around this forum for quite some time, but haven't heard of anybody playing MX video games while it is too cold to ride in certain parts of the world. Since we all must have computers I just wanted to say that there are two great games out there. Motocoss Madness 2 and Motocross Mania. Both have free downloads for a demo version. Motocross Mania can be downloaded here http://www.deibus.com/mmdownloads.html I was a huge fan of Motocross Madness 2 until I tried the Motocross Mania and it really rocks! You can race people online and make custom bikes like a WR400/426! Anyways just wanted to let you guys know! Marco

• ande749

Posted January 10, 2001 - 01:03 AM

The Madness is great, I'll give the Mania a try.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 11, 2001 - 06:29 AM

Madness is awesome! Marco, I tried to download Mania from the website you posted and it didn't work. Got about half way thru "Download Motocross Mania Demo : 40MB" and got an error message. I then tried downloading "Download Microsoft Direct X 7.0" and got an error message about half way thru it. I didn't try "Download Demo from File Planet site : 40MB" though. How did you download from this website?

FYI, I have a brand new IBM T20 Thinkpad laptop connected to Cox@home high speed cable modem, if anything should download the files this thing should.

Help!

Paul

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 11, 2001 - 06:31 AM

Madness is awesome! Marco, I tried to download Mania from the website you posted and it didn't work. Got about half way thru "Download Motocross Mania Demo : 40MB" and got an error message. I then tried downloading "Download Microsoft Direct X 7.0" and got an error message about half way thru it. I didn't try "Download Demo from File Planet site : 40MB" though. How did you download from this website?

FYI, I have a brand new IBM T20 Thinkpad laptop connected to Cox@home high speed cable modem, if anything should download the files this thing should.

Help!

Paul

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 11, 2001 - 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear that it screwed up on you. You were doing it right until it stopped. Just try again. Once you get it, it will automatically detect if you need a newer version of direct x. Don't run any other programs when you are downloading. I know 40 MB is big, but trust me it is worth the wait. At first the game feels funny a difficult, but now when I play Madness 2 it feels like the bike is a brick. Mania also has the "rider" cam which looks very close to riding yourself or a helmet cam. Way cool. I just ordered the full version. It was only $20 bucks! Hope it works out for you! Marco

• Mike_in_Roseville

Posted January 11, 2001 - 11:18 AM

I love mx madness 2, however it continues to stutter on me. I can play 15 minutes or so perfectly, then it stutters. I have sent my questions to Microsoft, but they have failed to give me a good answer. I have a Gateway Pent 4 with nvidia graphics which should handle everything perfectly but it still get the stuttering with the graphics. Anyone else had this problem. I will look at the other game. Sounds cool, especially as I sit here not being able to ride, due to knee surgey on Tuesday.

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TW

Posted January 11, 2001 - 07:21 PM

The stutter happens to mine also. Usually at the start of a race, disappears after I hit the restart once or twice.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 12, 2001 - 07:36 PM

Good News, got the DirectX7 and the game to download. When each finished downloading my PC took me to an unzip window. I unzipped successfully. Now for the bad news. I tried clicking on the Directx7.exe - it takes me to the unzip window again. Obviously, I'm no computer guru. How do I make this game work now that I have downloaded it? When I click on mxmania_demo it takes me to a WinZip self extractor, with the following path c:\extremebiker\directx7

I unzip it again it says ok and I don't know what the H#%@ to do from there. I do remember it asking me what program I wanted to open the game in, I used DirectX7, I have no clue if this is right or wrong.

Help! Is there an online manual or something for this game - gotta try it out!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 13, 2001 - 12:43 AM

OK Paul, I wish I was a computer guru, but I am not. What I would do is first click "start" go to "search" click "files or folders" type in "mxmania". See what you come up with. If you get something with the logo MM in red writing or a "mxmania" demo folder click on it and see if you come up with the MM in red writing. If you see this it means you did it right and once you click on it you are ready to rock. If you don't see it....better get a friend or somebody to help you out. If you can't find anybody, then this is the link to the MX Mania forum like this but for the game and somebody there will be able to help you out. http://dynamic.games...gi?action=intro
If not the game is only $20 bucks and you can order it through here http://www.ebworld.c...7BJR5C4F3&ref=1
Trust me once you get the hang of this game it is in my opinion far superior to Motocross Madness 2. The physics of the bike and rider are exeptional and the rider cam is the best part. Hope this helps Marco

• dirtybiker

Posted January 22, 2001 - 03:47 PM

yepp, I just have to agree, tried the mania demo out a few weeks ago. Just try it for more than 15 minutes (it's a bit tricky) and you will discover a great mx game. I used to play madness but I never enjoyed racing the tracks, just the jumping-scoring part. This game is the opposite, I just can't stop going round that outdoor mx track in the demo.

• James_in_New_Mexico

Posted January 24, 2001 - 02:27 PM

I downloaded to my laptop but it won't run. Says it has no graphics card, the graphics is built in right?

James

• Moto-Mike

Posted January 24, 2001 - 04:34 PM

Great game...never realized how lifelike a computer game could be. Both my son and myself are always fighting over who gets to play. Thanks Marco for the link!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 25, 2001 - 09:04 PM

Hey Moto, did you try the "rider" cam? This is the best part of the game, it looks like a helmet cam it is so real! A tip I learned is to prejump on the big jumps to clear them and to turn up traction on tires all the way. What would be cool is too meet up on the net and race each other, but don't know how to do it yet. I just got the full version and ohhhh man. hehe, Marco

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.