CRAPPY Running 04 450

8 replies to this topic
  • mbuck

Posted June 19, 2006 - 09:44 AM

I've got some trouble!! This thing runs terrible. I just got it back from a couple mechanics and they had given up on it. They believe it's an electrical problem (CDI, stator, coil...). First of all, it has stock jetting, a Ti-4 full exhaust but is otherwise stock. It ran awesome up until about 6 weeks ago and then things went downhill fast. About 1/8th throttle or so, it misses, pops and sounds like its hitting the rev limiter. I hate to buy new elictrical stuff not knowing what is wrong with it, and you can't return that kind of stuff. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

• fowler175

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:55 AM

Any decent bike shop should be able to test all of your electrical components.

• 426motard

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:16 AM

sounds like a stator, had one go on a 03 crf450, did the same thing. :excuseme:

• mbuck

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:53 AM

Thanks...anybody else want to chime in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted June 25, 2006 - 11:13 AM

had the stator go on my 03 450r too.

• theclone

Posted June 25, 2006 - 11:41 AM

First of all, it has stock jetting, a Ti-4 full exhaust but is otherwise stock.

That might be your problem. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you're lean.

• mbuck

Posted June 26, 2006 - 07:10 AM

984, how did your bike run as the stator was going out? I'm just curious to see if it has the same symptoms I described earlier. Anybody else feel free to chime in.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 26, 2006 - 08:12 AM

A yamaha dealership should look at it - that way if they install a new CDI and it does not fix it - you do not pay for it.

• Diode663

Posted June 26, 2006 - 01:56 PM

Im willing to bet you are lean as well. I had to bump my pilot up to a 45 for hot weather otherwise my bike pops and sputters like you described.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.