First Crash...Need Parts Quick....

12 replies to this topic
  • yami racer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 09:27 AM

Well I christened the 06 450 on Saturday with its first major crash. Needless to say I am ok, a bit sore, but ok and it looks like the bike got the worst of it. Punctured radiator, Bent bars, broke clutch, but the major problem is the Rear Frame Comp is twisted. I have read how some of you are bending them back but I just want to get a new one. Any ideas where to go as for the most part dealers I have talked to cannot get them just yet. Has anyone had to replace theirs and if so where did you buy it?

FYI - Radiator is in transit to Mylers thanks to info here.

• WFOracer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 09:44 AM

I have some stock bars off my 06, never used.....make offer

How did the unibikers hold up?

• yami racer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 10:07 AM

Thanks but I have stock bars also never used. I am very impressed with how the unibikers held up and the punctured radiator is my own fault and had nothing to do with the Unibikers at all.

Another question: Are these ASV Levers worth their cost? I need to replace clutch but wnat some input as to if $70 for a clutch is worht it.

• WFOracer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 10:12 AM

I had the same ASV levers for three years now....they are indestructible. I am pretty sure that the spring is going to rust to pieces before i'll break them!

Get them!

• crfmatt

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:30 PM

I have an ASV clutch lever for a yz426 that may work for you? It is bent a little but "unbreakable" :excuseme:
-pm me if ur interested

• crfmatt

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:31 PM

OR I have 2 new regular clutch levers...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yami racer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:54 PM

Thanks guys...I appreciate all the offers but my main concern is the rear frame which I am hearing Yamaha has not even started distributing yet. If anyones knows or hears of anything different please let me know.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 19, 2006 - 01:05 PM

Thanks guys...I appreciate all the offers but my main concern is the rear frame which I am hearing Yamaha has not even started distributing yet. If anyones knows or hears of anything different please let me know.

unless the subframe is completely flattened - it should be able to be rebent - do you have a pic?

I have become a master at rebending these - they are not difficult to repair and can in most cases can be bent completetly true again..... :excuseme:

a long stout pole - like the metal arm from a liftjack works well with a deadweight hammer and something fixed like a tree or similar for leverage will work wonders. I know of a few who have used a trailer that the tires sit in the rail and a come a long to rebend -
many options but patience and strength will repair a bent subframe -

not sure why these would not be available - maybe a wait for delivery as no one would stock this - except the yamaha warehouses :bonk:

• WFOracer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 01:21 PM

AC Racing makes aftermarket subframes. Not sure if they have an '06 yet. I think they are typically around $200. I'd try to bent it back.

• aedwards07

Posted June 19, 2006 - 02:48 PM

Dont waste your money on a AC racing one.You will have more trouble with that than you will bending the stock one back.I need a new subframe on my 450 as well but they arent available yet.I have bent mine back about 10 times now(yes i wreck hard ALOT) and its about time for a new one.

• crfmatt

Posted June 20, 2006 - 12:13 AM

Check out ebay, there were some titanium ones on there for cheap, im not sure if they were for an 06 though? :excuseme:

• yami racer

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:57 AM

Thanks Guys....I talked to Yamaha yesterday and they anticipate to have these (Rear Frame Comp. part # 5XC-21190-90-00) available by July 27th but it may be sooner than that. I am going to bend it back myself somehow or another to at least be able to ride this weekend and through July. I will post some pics of the frame tonight so you guys have an idea of what I am up against. Thanks again.....

• yami racer

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:01 AM

Oh yeah...One last question...Is it easier to bend this frame on or off the bike?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.