Running Hot

2 replies to this topic
  • Pisan

Posted June 19, 2006 - 06:34 AM

Just purchased an 05 WR450. The bike was totally stock out of the gate and I completed a few mods thus far (throttle stop, removed silencer end, cut gray wire). Took the bike out for the maiden voyage yesterday and it ran ly well although it is running extremely hot. The heat coming off the silencer is pretty extreme to the point where the mounting bolt for the seat is hot to the touch. I can also feel the the heat coming through my boot. My friend has an 04 with same mods except he changed up the jetting & removed snorkel and his didnt run nearly as hot.

Any suggestion appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted June 19, 2006 - 06:46 AM

Re-Jet carb richer, its a lean machine. See Jetting database. :excuseme:

• GCannon

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:38 AM

Uncork (or replace) that pipe to lower the back pressure and let the hot gas out ( not too Loud) then do the free mods then re jet the carb the temps will go down and you will be happy.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.