Australian WR450 Service intervals

8 replies to this topic
  • PfM

Posted June 18, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Peoples,
Can any of my fellow countrymen tell me what their service book says with regard to service intervals ? The only info I have is in hours - I suspect Australian models would specify km also, as they are road registerable...

PS: Local Honda dealer "reliably" informs me that the new CRX450X's intervals are 3000km. He could not show me this in writing.

I think he is mistaken.

Cheers

• Matty05

Posted June 18, 2006 - 04:57 PM

Service intervals state 1000kms. You would be a mug to leave it that long!

I think your mate was talking about the engine change out service interval. :excuseme:

• Anthony CRF450

Posted June 18, 2006 - 06:17 PM

change the oil every 3 rides/ cleaarance check every 1000kms

• PfM

Posted June 18, 2006 - 06:23 PM

Service intervals state 1000kms. You would be a mug to leave it that long!

I think your mate was talking about the engine change out service interval. :excuseme:

Thanks Matty05. I would be happy to change my oil at every 500km, but I do not want to pay the dealer for this during the warranty period. If the warranty is 6 months, thats is probably 4-5 services at probably $200 a pop. That is why I was curious about what the book says.

Not a mate - a Dealer. Big difference.

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:13 AM

Myself and most the blokes I ride with change our oil every 300/500km depending on what type of riding and how dusty it is.
I have 7000kms on my bike and have checked the valves 3 times and have only adjusted them once.

3000kms for a honda hahahahahaha good luck to him

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 02:45 AM

Thanks Matty05. I would be happy to change my oil at every 500km, but I do not want to pay the dealer for this during the warranty period. If the warranty is 6 months, thats is probably 4-5 services at probably $200 a pop. That is why I was curious about what the book says.

Not a mate - a Dealer. Big difference.

Cheers

And are you going to tear down the engine and inspect the piston and rings every 1000kms too? The manual says so.........

You brought a Yamaha, don't worry about it. If you want to pay someone $200 to change your oil, go right ahead. I'll change your oil for 1/2 that! :excuseme:

BTW, I thought the warranty was 3 months parts?

• Looks450

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:04 AM

The warranty is three months, but even during the warranty period i still changed the oil myself. The manual says a lot of crazy things, but remember that clean air, clean fuel and good oil will see you riding hassle free for much longer than any other bike, except the blessed XR of course.

• PfM

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:04 PM

And are you going to tear down the engine and inspect the piston and rings every 1000kms too? The manual says so.........

You brought a Yamaha, don't worry about it. If you want to pay someone $200 to change your oil, go right ahead. I'll change your oil for 1/2 that! :excuseme:

BTW, I thought the warranty was 3 months parts?

The warranty is three months, but even during the warranty period i still changed the oil myself. The manual says a lot of crazy things, but remember that clean air, clean fuel and good oil will see you riding hassle free for much longer than any other bike, except the blessed XR of course.

I agree with your comments, but crazy stuff or not, this is what the dodgy dealer may use to get out of a warranty claim if he wishes...and there are units out there that suffer failure from manufacturing faults beyond the control of frequent oil changes.
I know that my untrained but cautious servicing is better than the disinterested, ham fisted mungos that inhabit the average dealers workshop, but that is not Yamaha's opinion.

Cheers

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:32 PM

It is your choice........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.