69$/mo ?

6 replies to this topic
  • comrade_yzf

Posted June 18, 2006 - 01:24 PM

Does this yamaha promo end at August 31 and then have to increase the payments? The wr450f also qualifys for the 0-down 0-interest 0-payments for 12 months. Which is the better deal, or should i see what i can get through the bank(parents bank). I figure i could put down a downpayment and when march rolls around ill have my drivers liscense and can get a better job. I'd like to get it over with as soon as possible.

• 642MX

Posted June 18, 2006 - 04:40 PM

Never go with a low monthly payment like the $69/month (all your doing is paying the interest). If they have a 12 month same as cash, then choose it, only if you can pay it off within a year.

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 18, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Never go with a low monthly payment like the $69/month (all your doing is paying the interest). If they have a 12 month same as cash, then choose it, only if you can pay it off within a year.

The $69 a month is a minimum payment. You can send more to get the bike payed off faster. General rule of thumb is don't finance toys unless you have to :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzinger04

Posted June 18, 2006 - 08:20 PM

I sold my 02 yz250f and financed my wr450 with the 69/mo. You have two years at an interest rate of 7.9% to get it paid off or else you take it up the :excuseme: and jump to an interest rate of 16.99-21.99% (depending on your credit score). I would go this route if you plan to have it paid off in two years if not find other means of payment. Good luck finding an interest rate as low as 7.9% :bonk:

• 642MX

Posted June 19, 2006 - 09:46 AM

Good luck finding an interest rate as low as 7.9% :excuseme:

2 words: Credit Union

• CharlesFP

Posted June 19, 2006 - 11:57 AM

Go with the zero down option, pay off as much as you can within one year, then transfer the balance to your credit card. If your credit is good, you can get a really low interest rate for a period of time for balance transfers (around 5%). When that period expires, transfer your balance to another card. If you do it this way, you will pay the least amount of financing.
Better yet, PAY CASH!!!!!!!!!!

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:13 PM

I think i would like to put down 3500 on an 07 wr450f and pay the rest of in a year. Im gunna keep the 06 at the dealers and wait.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.