Has anyone out there tried cutting down there sub frame???

1 reply to this topic
  • pontala

Posted June 18, 2006 - 01:22 PM

I have an extra sub frame and a Tig welder so it would be a zero dollar mod, just not sure if its worth or how to do it??? I am 5’7” with short legs I did try to set the sag raise the forks on the clamps all worked but I need a little more, any ideas? :excuseme:
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martybec

Posted June 19, 2006 - 07:15 PM

If you have the tools to do it, I say go for it!
At the bottom of the subframe, where the lowest bolt holes are. There is a factory weld joint, just grind down the weld on a bench grinder and the piece that has the bolt hole in it will come out. then cut about 10mm off of the frame and tig it back in. I dont think you have to worry about lining it up because the piece you are welding should have a smaller collar that drives into the frame. Hope this helps.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.