Lot of lower right leg heat normal?

7 replies to this topic
  • MindBlower

Posted June 18, 2006 - 12:47 PM

Surprised to feel quite a bit of heat on the right leg when stopped on the road. Normal?
WOuld wrapping the head pipes help that?

• Jayzonk

Posted June 18, 2006 - 08:31 PM

I think it's normal. I feel it on the L routinely, especially if I'm wearing thin socks. Tends to be the tip of my anklebone that feels it.

• HC

Posted June 18, 2006 - 08:44 PM

wrapping helps, but look into ceramic coating, under $50, clean looking, wont trap mud, water. does a good job of keeping it cooler. pretty much all open bikes run hot in that area.

• Supplicate

Posted June 18, 2006 - 08:51 PM

When I still had my stock header on there, it would get hotter then hell after 30 or 40 miles of wide open running. Melted my old pair of Moose pants pretty good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old_Man_Time

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:57 AM

wrapping helps, but look into ceramic coating, under $50, clean looking, wont trap mud, water. does a good job of keeping it cooler. pretty much all open bikes run hot in that area.

Where do you get that done in Washington? I have seen how the mud doesn't stick to em and I am impressed?

• HawkGT

Posted June 19, 2006 - 10:09 AM

Where do you get that done in Washington? I have seen how the mud doesn't stick to em and I am impressed?

Not sure but my general advice is to call up some local car hot-rod shops and ask them. They should know.

• Supplicate

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:37 PM

I suggest these guys:

http://www.hpcoatings.com

they do some awesome work, and its guaranteed not to change color if you go with the chrome look.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:42 PM

The answers to both of your questions is YES and YES, but you may also be running a little lean on the carburation. I suggest using header wrap unless budget allows a new header and sending it out for coating, but even caoted it wont reduce felt heat by as much as a good header wrap job, and something about header wrap just looks racy and therefore really really trick on the street. Im gonna wrap mine now its summer, in the winter I loved the heat!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.