Aftermarket Headlight/ Tail Light For WR

5 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted June 18, 2006 - 10:47 AM

With summer upon me and seeing it'll way too hot to go riding in the desert for awhile I was thinking about tearing down my bike for some well needed maintenance. I've been toying with the idea and just may go with the One Industries Hurricane yellow plastics kit. I definetly want to keep lights on the bike and would appreciate any recommendations as to which brands anyone has tried. One on my main concerns is ease of installation and removal. Since I race my '05 WR 450 quite a bit I'll run a YZ number plate when racing and switch to the headlight when doing play rides and trips down to Baja. Any advice would be appreciated. :excuseme:

• jonova

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:26 AM

I put on the hurrican yellow plastics. They fit really well and look even better. For the front headlight, I used the stock one and painted it with a plastic paint made by krylon. It is called Krylon Fusion for plastic. The color is 2330 Sunbeam. For the rear tail light I bought an acerbis rear light that bolts to the back fender. It is not on their website because it is new. Check out my garage to see the results of my project. Good luck.

• Birdy426

Posted June 19, 2006 - 07:50 PM

I put an Acerbis DHH headlight and Baja Designs LED tail light on mine. Here's the pix...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cool thing abut the headlight is that it's only held on with 4 rubber straps. Comes on and off in about 30 seconds! It's not the brightest for night riding, but it'll do...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 09:04 PM

Just change the globe out for the headlight. It is H4 size, 55w/60w.
Get a higher rated one like 80w or 100w. Very cheap.

Hey Birdy, show us some more pics of your bike! That looks sweet mate! :excuseme:

• Birdy426

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:29 PM

Just change the globe out for the headlight. It is H4 size, 55w/60w.
Get a higher rated one like 80w or 100w. Very cheap.

The bulbs in the DHH stock are 35w each...even bumping them up to 55W would be a plus. I'll try it! Thanks, Matty.

Hey Birdy, show us some more pics of your bike! That looks sweet mate! :excuseme:

Thaks for the props! Here are a few more pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Matty05

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:39 PM

Looks real nice! :excuseme: :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.