Not to throw stones....

43 replies to this topic
  • stock510

Posted June 18, 2006 - 04:20 PM

So what happened to Jimmie's bike? Was the stack as bad as high point?

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 19, 2006 - 01:21 AM

Great race for sure...

Man, you have to feel for Bubba though. He's hurting like hell from last week's fiasco then the bike explodes just as he goes in the air which gives the "hammer the back brake" effect and tumbles him.

That's one tough SOB in my opinion.

And who gives a shit if he drinks or not?

He's paid to hold the can and act like he likes it, which he does very well. I think some of you don't realize how much these companies pay these guys...

I'd act like I drank black label for $20k or so. :excuseme:

• avlnch

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:15 AM

Great race for sure...

Man, you have to feel for Bubba though. He's hurting like hell from last week's fiasco then the bike explodes just as he goes in the air which gives the "hammer the back brake" effect and tumbles him.

That's one tough SOB in my opinion.

And who gives a shit if he drinks or not?

He's paid to hold the can and act like he likes it, which he does very well. I think some of you don't realize how much these companies pay these guys...

I'd act like I drank black label for $20k or so. :excuseme:

Thank god somebody agrees. Honestly why the hell would some of you care if he drank his drink or not. Oh god, stewart didn't hold the can close enough to his mouth let's all jump the dude and steal his ride.

I think energy drinks are like drugs.. they help me but as soon as it wears off I crash really hard (by crash I mean sleep).

Also, are you sure his bike blew? When I was watching it on TV I saw his rear wheel catch a different rut than his front wheel so it threw him down in the air. I could be wrong but I just thought that that's what happened.

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2006 - 10:24 AM

Also, are you sure his bike blew? When I was watching it on TV I saw his rear wheel catch a different rut than his front wheel so it threw him down in the air. I could be wrong but I just thought that that's what happened.

His rear wheel clearly was in a different rut than the front. But think about it a little...You're a top pro rider with talent that exceeds that of everyone else other than one other person on the planet (arguably). Would that have caused you to crash? Hell no, it wouldn't. You'd rap the throttle and whip that puppy into shape easily....unless the engine quit. Then you'd do you lawn dart impersonation.

By Bubbles I assume James "Bubba" Stewart? If so I just want to say I can't have respect for a rider who obviously is a fake. Ever notice when they interview him after a race he isn't actually drinking his sport drink, the one he is sponsored by...

That has to be one of the weakest, most insipid statements ever made as a cover for prejudice that I've ever heard (even though people say that all the time). Your hero Rickey does EXACTLY the same damn thing. The bottles or cans they have on the podium are for show, and show only, and if they have anything in them, it's usually water. Any good athlete knows that "energy drinks" have 2 things wrong with them: they have too much caffeine, which dehydrates you, and too much sugar (as does Gatorade, BTW), which renders the beverage hyper tonic, and slows or stops it from emptying out of the stomach.

If you don't like James Stewart, then just say that, instead of making up a bunch of weak B$ about it. He may be a cocky little guy, but you know what? It ain't bragging when you can really do it! And it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than RC's cursory parade laps from last year.

• Reyndogg

Posted June 19, 2006 - 11:48 AM

I agree with greyracer on this for sure.

If you did any reasearch before you made that (imo idiodic) energy drink comment, you would know that those guys never drink that stuff, especially not between motos!

• Blue4Ever

Posted June 19, 2006 - 11:55 AM

If you don't like James Stewart, then just say that, instead of making up a bunch of weak B$ about it. He may be a cocky little guy, but you know what? It ain't bragging when you can really do it! And it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than RC's cursory parade laps from last year.[/QUOTE]

I must agree that both Bubba and RC are good fun to watch!! :excuseme: And they both work very hard for there wins. I must also agree that they DO like to brag a bit.
bragged ; brag·ging
intransitive senses
: to talk boastfully : engage in self-glorification
transitive senses : to assert boastfully.

Sorry Grey but I feel this term does fit them well. I prefer to have my childeren respect a rider that is a bit more humble and lets there riding do the talking for him or her and brags about how good the team is as a whole. In defense of these guys, growing up in there world and having been told over and over how good they are most likly feeds this issue.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 19, 2006 - 01:10 PM

Screw those drinks - they all taste like septic water yuk!

Southwick was not only bad for Stewart - who threw a rod, both Langston and Vilopoto's 250s grenaded too....a very bad day for Kawi. Sand and Kawi's not a good combo apparently! ....and bubba's crash at Southwick killed any chance for winning the outdoors series this year.

• e30M3

Posted June 19, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Wow, I didn't know that what annoyed me would upset so many people. For the few who assume I am a racist by my reference, well all I can say is you have know idea who I am...other than I guess you think I'm an "uncle tom".

And yes, I think Ricky retired this year because he knows Stewart will be unstoppable next year!

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 19, 2006 - 06:21 PM

And yes, I think Ricky retired this year because he knows Stewart will be unstoppable next year!

Well then, at least we agree on one thing... :excuseme:

RC's a punk.

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:04 PM

Wow, I didn't know that what annoyed me would upset so many people. For the few who assume I am a racist by my reference, well all I can say is you have know idea who I am...other than I guess you think I'm an "uncle tom".

You mean "no idea". When I said "prejudice", I didn't necessarily mean racial, although I think that more than a little of that is leveled at Bubba. I was referring to the often sycophantic prejudice FOR RC, and against anyone who would dare to be so brash as to assume he could knock him off his pedestal, much less say he can, even if he really can. It's very often just simple blind hero worship, and it annoys me.

I think it's been fairly clear that Stewart has been consistently the faster of the two this year, even if not the smoothest and most polished professional. He's still very young, but he operates at a level of speed that no one ever has before, and even he makes mistakes at that level. And you can't really blame the engine failure on him; that just should not have happened, and Team Green should be embarrassed.

Bubba has put the fun back in the big class for the first time in years, and not just on the track, either. He's turned up the heat off-track, too, and he's said some pretty outlandish stuff. But I think it's great that he's brash enough to say it, and make everyone else prove it ain't so. It's good for the sport, and it's fun to watch, and that's the name of that tune.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ben_suhard

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:15 PM

I agree that if you are endorsing a product you should actually use it. Some people might actually think it makes you ride better with those energy drinks. I have quit drinking coffee and any other caffeine drinks even though I LOVE coffee and Coke (I do still have an iced coffee milk and eat some chocolate occasionally because I haven't fully kicked the habit, but hardly ever before I ride!), because my heart races so fast when I do sports and I'm on caffeine, it feels like it's going to explode. Maybe it's just me, but I think I ride better without caffeine, and I don't miss the withdrawal headaches at all!

I feel bad for Bubba, that would totally suck to have a mechanical failure like that, it's one of my worst fears, especially when you're hitting a jump. He must be so sore after those two crashes, but at least he got to land in a little bit of sand at Southwick. I feel bad for his mechanic too, he must be feeling really awful after the engine failures. Pro circuit are behind the Kawi engines aren't they? I wonder if it's more Pro circuit' error or the design of the Kawi engines?

I tip my hat to RC, I thought that Bubba would cane him this year, but RC's still on top, it's a shame he's not going to be full time racing anymore. He says he's got nothing left to prove, but it seems like a bit of a cop out to leave just after Bubba has entered the scene on a 450. I think he still needs to stay a few more years before he can say he's got nothing left to prove. He's the man right now, and has been for a number of years, but I'd like to see a lot more battles with Bubba before I'm totally convinced.

• 1BLUEsky

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:21 PM

I agree that if you are endorsing a product you should actually use it. Some people might actually think it makes you ride better with those energy drinks. I have quit drinking coffee and any other caffeine drinks even though I LOVE coffee and Coke (I do still have an iced coffee milk and eat some chocolate occasionally because I haven't fully kicked the habit, but hardly ever before I ride!), because my heart races so fast when I do sports and I'm on caffeine, it feels like it's going to explode. Maybe it's just me, but I think I ride better without caffeine, and I don't miss the withdrawal headaches at all!

I feel bad for Bubba, that would totally suck to have a mechanical failure like that, it's one of my worst fears, especially when you're hitting a jump. He must be so sore after those two crashes, but at least he got to land in a little bit of sand at Southwick. I feel bad for his mechanic too, he must be feeling really awful after the engine failures. Pro circuit are behind the Kawi engines aren't they? I wonder if it's more Pro circuit' error or the design of the Kawi engines?

ill on I tip my hat to RC, I thought that Bubba would cane him this year, but RC's sttop, it's a shame he's not going to be full time racing anymore. He says he's got nothing left to prove, but it seems like a bit of a cop out to leave just after Bubba has entered the scene on a 450. I think he still needs to stay a few more years before he can say he's got nothing left to prove. He's the man right now, and has been for a number of years, but I'd like to see a lot more battles with Bubba before I'm totally convinced.

I kind of wonder about this myself ,seems like hes buggin out.

• MxHuggy

Posted June 20, 2006 - 05:21 AM

Screw those drinks - they all taste like septic water yuk!

Southwick was not only bad for Stewart - who threw a rod, both Langston and Vilopoto's 250s grenaded too....a very bad day for Kawi. Sand and Kawi's not a good combo apparently! ....and bubba's crash at Southwick killed any chance for winning the outdoors series this year.

I was standing right up against the fence where Bubba went down. They are moving in that section too, like 4th gear pinned and then they jump into that little valley before the table. It was a nasty spill , you should have heard the noise that thing made right before ir grenaded. He hit pretty hard too, I dont know how many "Dismounts" #7 has left.

• jamiehughes

Posted June 21, 2006 - 03:42 AM

i watched the lites race last night and they said that all 3 kx250f riders had engine probs that gave them all dnf's in first moto,langston,villopoto, and someone else. mitch peyton from pro circut wouldn't comment on which parts failed, he just told the interviewer that it was just parts???? glad i bought a yamaha..

• Blaster21996

Posted June 21, 2006 - 09:11 AM

I don't think your statement sounded racist! I think that the "racism card" is what the Politically Correct say anytime someone of assumed race/nationality/religion (insert your group) uses when a dislike is displayed of any perceived minority!

This is not a knock on Grey-racer, I like him in spite of him being white old guy with no hair! :excuseme:

Posted June 21, 2006 - 02:53 PM

i'm changing my screename to Pantyhampsterassasin984. this whole race card thing has got me freaked out. the old 984 just says too much about my inclinations. maybe this change will clarify my beliefs and background. thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted June 21, 2006 - 03:02 PM

I don't think your statement sounded racist!

this whole race card thing has got me freaked out.

Before we all go nuts and wander off the trail here, let me remind you that I said:

When I said "prejudice", I didn't necessarily mean racial, ...I was referring to the often sycophantic prejudice FOR RC, and against anyone who would dare to be so brash as to assume he could knock him off his pedestal...

e30M3 was the first person in the thread to introduce that term.

• e30M3

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:06 PM

First let me say, I don't mean to offend anyone. I stopped posting on this thread because I felt I wasn't able to cleary state my feelings and I was getting the impression some people didn't like what I had to say-no big deal. I bet if we all knew each other and we were sitting around chatting this whole conversation would have been different-no hard feelings.

Grayracer (who I think has helped me out personally with several other posts, thank you) quoted me saying:

Originally Posted by e30M3
By Bubbles I assume James "Bubba" Stewart? If so I just want to say I can't have respect for a rider who obviously is a fake. Ever notice when they interview him after a race he isn't actually drinking his sport drink, the one he is sponsored by...

He then responded:

That has to be one of the weakest, most insipid statements ever made as a cover for prejudice that I've ever heard (even though people say that all the time). Your hero Rickey does EXACTLY the same damn thing. The bottles or cans they have on the podium are for show, and show only, and if they have anything in them, it's usually water. Any good athlete knows that "energy drinks" have 2 things wrong with them: they have too much caffeine, which dehydrates you, and too much sugar (as does Gatorade, BTW), which renders the beverage hyper tonic, and slows or stops it from emptying out of the stomach.

If you don't like James Stewart, then just say that, instead of making up a bunch of weak B$ about it. He may be a cocky little guy, but you know what? It ain't bragging when you can really do it! And it's a hell of a lot more fun to watch than RC's cursory parade laps from last year.

Using the word prejudice and finishing up talking about how I don't like James Stewart-well I guess I couldn't read between the lines enough to know you were talking about my like of RC. Most people use the word prejudice assuming a hatred or a judgment against something, not for something, although I suppose it could go either way. I read it as you thought I had prejudice against James and I should just come out and say it. I know I had said I "loved" Ricky before but trust me when I say I idolize NO man and I used the word love to make a point that I don't buy products endorsed by people I do like so please keep that context in mind, I was simply trying to make a point.

Besides, just because I don't have respect for someone (my first post I said I didn't have respect for Bubba), do I have to dislike them? I think that would come close to disliking everyone who hasn't earned my respect yet. Respect is subjective anyway, I respect his athletic ability and know he is the fastest rider out there. If you read my first post all of the way through you would have seen I gave Bubba his "props" for being an awesome rider.

My second post also acknowledge that I wouldn't be surprised if my favorite guys did the same thing. I still stick by my opinion that James is the most obvious (my wife even picked up on it without me saying a word to her). I just wish all riders would be inconspicuous if they are going to fake it. Someone said "And who gives a sh** if he drinks or not?". I guess I am kinda old fashioned, I don't want my son seeing the top rider in the world "pretending"...

In the famous words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that".

• Blaster21996

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:21 PM

First let me say, I don't mean to offend anyone. I stopped posting on this thread because I felt I wasn't able to clearing state my feelings and I was getting the impression some people didn't like what I had to say-no big deal. I bet if we all knew each other and we were sitting around chatting this whole conversation would have been different-no hard feelings.

Grayracer (who I think has helped me out personally with several other posts, thank you) quoted me saying:

Originally Posted by e30M3

He then responded:

Using the word prejudice and finishing up talking about how I don't like James Stewart-well I guess I couldn't read between the lines enough to know you were talking about my like of RC. Most people use the word prejudice assuming a hatred or a judgment against something, not for something, although I suppose it could go either way. I read it as you thought I had prejudice against James. I know I had said I "loved" Ricky before but trust me when I say I idolize NO man and I used the word love to make a point that I don't buy products endorsed by people I do like so please keep that context in mind, I was simply trying to make a point.

Besides, just because I don't have respect for someone (my first post I said I didn't have respect for Bubba), do I have to dislike them? I think that would come close to disliking everyone who hasn't earned my respect yet. Respect is subjective anyway, I respect his athletic ability and know he is the fastest rider out there. If you read my first post all of the way through you would have seen I gave Bubba his "props" for being an awesome rider.

My second post also acknowledge that I wouldn't be surprised if my favorite guys did the same thing. I still stick by my opinion that James is the most obvious (my wife even picked up on it without me saying a word to her). I just wish all riders would be inconspicuous if they are going to fake it. Someone said "And who gives a sh** if he drinks or not?". I guess I am kinda old fashioned, I don't want my son seeing the top rider in the world "pretending"...

In the famous words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that".

You need not explain yourself! The guy is a sniper! we been Bamboozled and Hornswoggled!

Bamboozled http://dictionary.re...=2&q=bamboozled
Hornswoggled http://dictionary.re...&q=hornswoggled

The guy was hiding in the tall grass! He new what he was doing when he contrived the post! Game on! :excuseme:

• Butta

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:32 PM

Man, I had no idea I was opening a can of worms THIS big....

:excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.