Not to throw stones....

43 replies to this topic
  • Butta

Posted June 17, 2006 - 07:54 PM

Anyone see the Southwick race today? Not good news for Kawi public relations......

• crfmatt

Posted June 17, 2006 - 08:57 PM

I missed it, what happened? :excuseme:

• YZ117

Posted June 17, 2006 - 09:10 PM

Bubbles bike grenaded in the air and drilled him into the ground once again!

• elcamino76

Posted June 18, 2006 - 06:40 AM

what channel were they showing it??

• e30M3

Posted June 18, 2006 - 07:03 AM

Bubbles bike grenaded in the air and drilled him into the ground once again!

By Bubbles I assume James "Bubba" Stewart? If so I just want to say I can't have respect for a rider who obviously is a fake. Ever notice when they interview him after a race he isn't actually drinking his sport drink, the one he is sponsored by...

I noticed it a long time ago were he would barely sip the can, then it got to a point he would sip but didn't swallow anything-he just kept on talking. By the end of this past season he wouldn't get the can all the way to his mouth and the opening wouldn't be lined-up. The can was obviously empty because he would tip it and turn his head as if he was taking a drink. If the can had anything in it James would have gotten it all over himself.

I will never attempt to take away the fact that James is an awesome rider and will probably only get better-but if you sign on to be sponsored by a company you should use their product, after all you are endorsing it and trying to make me buy it. I see it as he took the sponsor who offered the best deal, which is sad because I doubt Bubba needs more $$.

• sauve-yfz450

Posted June 18, 2006 - 07:12 AM

By Bubbles I assume James "Bubba" Stewart? If so I just want to say I can't have respect for a rider who obviously is a fake. Ever notice when they interview him after a race he isn't actually drinking his sport drink, the one he is sponsored by...

I noticed it a long time ago were he would barely sip the can, then it got to a point he would sip but didn't swallow anything-he just kept on talking. By the end of this past season he wouldn't get the can all the way to his mouth and the opening wouldn't be lined-up. The can was obviously empty because he would tip it and turn his head as if he was taking a drink. If the can had anything in it James would have gotten it all over himself.

I will never attempt to take away the fact that James is an awesome rider and will probably only get better-but if you sign on to be sponsored by a company you should use their product, after all you are endorsing it and trying to make me buy it. I see it as he took the sponsor who offered the best deal, which is sad because I doubt Bubba needs more $$.

Dude they all do that not just buba :excuseme:

• barch88

Posted June 18, 2006 - 09:55 AM

I can see where this is going...

Posted June 18, 2006 - 10:37 AM

have you ever tried any of that crap? you're a pro athlete that just finished an event that would physically and mentally destroy any of us, and the only thing you can think of is, where's my Red Bull liquid crack oversized can only tastes good with vodka endorsement deal thing?

that's awesome! :excuseme:

• yogist

Posted June 18, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Dude they all do that not just buba :excuseme:

Red bull, monster, all that energy drink crap tastes like shit...Nobody really drinks that stuff, do they...????

• e30M3

Posted June 18, 2006 - 10:51 AM

I hope it isn't going anywhere bad..I was just voicing my opinion of what I see when I get a chance to watch the best in the world.

I agree they don't taste all that great, I would rather have a gatorade.

I guess all that I am saying is Bubba should take some acting classes. I know a lot of guys, and maybe even my couple of favorites, take sponsorships just for the money. If they are pretending to drink up on the podium I guess I haven't noticed it because Bubba is the worst at it.

My point is that if you are being paid to advertise something at least have a semi-convincing act that you actually use the product. Don't make it completely obvious to the world that you pretending. I thought that was the whole purpose of a sponsorship. Riders are paid to say they love a product so average people like me will want to buy it. Look at me, I don't even know the name of his sponsor because I am so annoyed that he fakes it while he is up on the podium. Not very effective marketing in my case but then again I don't buy products because so and so uses it. After all I love Ricky and wouldn't buy a Honda or Suzuki, I ride a Yami but I am not a big Reed fan.

Anyway, I just watched the heat races from Las Vegas (I didn't get to see the main because the tape ran out-I should get TIVO). Bubba obviously didn't take a drink, Ricky looked like he may have pretended to sip but at the end of the interview Ricky took a real drink. In fact he put up his finger, gesturing to wait a second, because someone asked him something and his mouth was full-even his cheeks were puffed out. If Ricky was pretending-he did a really good job and earns the money his sponsor pays him.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:20 AM

The red bull is really good if you add sleeping pills to it.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:31 AM

Red bull, monster, all that energy drink crap tastes like shit...Nobody really drinks that stuff, do they...????

I'm addicted to them......but I have cut back....and $2.50 a drink and about 2 a day it adds up......but there so good.....I NEED ONE :excuseme: :bonk:

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:31 AM

I hope it isn't going anywhere bad..I was just voicing my opinion of what I see when I get a chance to watch the best in the world.

I agree they don't taste all that great, I would rather have a gatorade.

I guess all that I am saying is Bubba should take some acting classes. I know a lot of guys, and maybe even my couple of favorites, take sponsorships just for the money. If they are pretending to drink up on the podium I guess I haven't noticed it because Bubba is the worst at it.

My point is that if you are being paid to advertise something at least have a semi-convincing act that you actually use the product. Don't make it completely obvious to the world that you pretending. I thought that was the whole purpose of a sponsorship. Riders are paid to say they love a product so average people like me will want to buy it. Look at me, I don't even know the name of his sponsor because I am so annoyed that he fakes it while he is up on the podium. Not very effective marketing in my case but then again I don't buy products because so and so uses it. After all I love Ricky and wouldn't buy a Honda or Suzuki, I ride a Yami but I am not a big Reed fan.

Anyway, I just watched the heat races from Las Vegas (I didn't get to see the main because the tape ran out-I should get TIVO). Bubba obviously didn't take a drink, Ricky looked like he may have pretended to sip but at the end of the interview Ricky took a real drink. In fact he put up his finger, gesturing to wait a second, because someone asked him something and his mouth was full-even his cheeks were puffed out. If Ricky was pretending-he did a really good job and earns the money his sponsor pays him.

not going anywhere bad as far as i'm concerned. i think it's hilarious; i was watching a surf competition the other day sponsored by that new energy drink that has alcohol in it (i forget the name).
where i live, Red Bull and vodski is actually pretty popular with the gay-ass happy hour crowd (not a member).
i bet if you asked, you could get a strip joint to sponsor you, even if you suck. it would be awesome, you could have strippers at the races, you'd be very popular in the pits. not to mention, you'd have a great use for your old oil. my idea, i called it. :excuseme:

• jamiehughes

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:32 AM

langston's motor grenades in the lites class at southwick too. oln will have that race on monday afternoon. something about the green bikes, maybe the engines can't actually be expected to last when they have to actually work at a track like southwick????

• TimFurryBalls

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:38 AM

Anybody ever try Bookoo yet? Watching that show makes me want one.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:44 AM

Anybody ever try Bookoo yet? Watching that show makes me want one.

Oh so good........get the one in the purple and blue can. So good.

Posted June 18, 2006 - 12:21 PM

i heard those drinks make you faster; i saw this kid pound three Monster's, a Red Bull and Boo Koo (purple can) before a race and he kicked but.

• e30M3

Posted June 18, 2006 - 01:25 PM

Maybe Team Green has been dumping their energy drinks into their bikes instead of drinking them. After all, if you have trouble clearing the gaps, Red Bull gives your bike wings!

Posted June 18, 2006 - 02:16 PM

Maybe Team Green has been dumping their energy drinks into their bikes instead of drinking them. After all, if you have trouple clearing the gaps, Red Bull gives your bike wings!

that's the best post i've seen in a while, you rock.

• kid on a 426

Posted June 18, 2006 - 03:21 PM

I tried rockstar and it tasted pretty bad but full throttles are good.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.