650L jet part numbers

4 replies to this topic
  • hondajohn

Posted June 17, 2006 - 02:42 PM

Ok here is my story I have a 03 650L that I have de smoged. I added the Supertrap ISDE 2 pipe with the quiet core and I am running all eight discs. I added the K&N air filter, Removed the snorkel and started installed a Dynojet jet kit. It still didn't run the greatest and I have tried both the 160 and 165 jet and clipped the needle in all spots. So then I went into Dave's Mods. I have drilled out the slide to the specs from Dave's mods and now I am back to the stock needle with the dynojet shim washer. I have read Dave's mods probable 50 times and I looked over all of the photos and I realized the dynojet kit only has you replace one jet not both of them. So I did more internet reading and decided I would pull the dynojet kit back out and just run Dave's mods and new jetting. I called sudco to order the short pilot jets in 55 and 58 (to try both) and the sales person wanted the Honda part numbers. Does anyone have a place where I can call and order jets for my CARB that has knowledgeable sales staff that would be able to find the right jets for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One last thing I am at 757 feet above sea level.

• HawkGT

Posted June 17, 2006 - 03:01 PM

By "short" pilot jet I assume it's a Series 26. (http://www.sudco.com/keihinjets.html). Just tell them what series you need. They shouldn't need any more info that that.

Also see this thread: http://www.thumperta...ght=Keihin jets

ETA: I can only assume they asked for Honda part numbers to figure out exactly which style pilot jet was required?? :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbird710

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:47 PM

When I talked to my Honda parts guy, he looked and Honda doesn't have a part number for any other slow jet. One other source is Dennis Kirk. They are a little more expensive but usually have them in stock.

Use the pull down for part number (price) and select the number ending with 58 or what ever size you want. This jet is the one my neighbor and I used (58). He still runs the Keihin but I went to an Edelbrock.

• HawkGT

Posted June 17, 2006 - 05:11 PM

FWIW regarding Honda part numbers and jet sizes: For an XR650R (for example) the part number is 99105-MBN-0650 for a 65 pilot. A 68 would be part number 99105-MBN-0680,

70: 99105-MBN-0700
72: 99105-MBN-0720

Same for main jets:

142: 99101-357-1420
145: 99101-357-1450
148: 99101-357-1480

and so on. The part number remains mostly the same but the last 4 digits change for each individual size.

• pman12

Posted June 17, 2006 - 07:18 PM

I've done three carbs for 650l's and always just get them from www.bajadesigns.com Just get there phone# and call don't try to figure the website out...Tell them what # jets you want and what year bike...they know what to send.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.