Exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • comrade_yzf

Posted June 17, 2006 - 12:37 PM

Is carbon fiber or titanium better for the exhaust can? Which will last longer and withstand more accedental abuse?

I think ive decided on a Yoshimura TRC slip on. Its a little more expensive than the other ones but ive heard great things about them for their street systems.
http://www.motorcycl...525&Style=18232

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 17, 2006 - 08:39 PM

Also, are the 05 and 06 compatible?

• Matty05

Posted June 18, 2006 - 06:27 AM

Is carbon fiber or titanium better for the exhaust can? Which will last longer and withstand more accedental abuse?

I think ive decided on a Yoshimura TRC slip on. Its a little more expensive than the other ones but ive heard great things about them for their street systems.
http://www.motorcycl...525&Style=18232

Titanium is better than carbon fibre for durability.
Yoshi should be good choice!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 18, 2006 - 06:29 AM

Also, are the 05 and 06 compatible?

yes.

Any '03 - '05 YZ exhaust system will fit, that aslo means that any '03 - 06 WR's are the same also.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 18, 2006 - 08:06 AM

Im gunna go with the yoshi. I love the looks and my buddy has a yoshi on his sportbike that sounds awsome.

• Frank_z28

Posted June 18, 2006 - 09:11 AM

the yosh does sound and look awesome but on a dirt bike i have a friend using a full system on is 450 and rust seem to appear really really easy. Other than that its a great system.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.