Street legal 03 YZ450F how much?

4 replies to this topic
  • Bones717

Posted June 17, 2006 - 11:46 AM

Thinking about selling my 03. What would be a fair price to ask. Acerbis headlight, LED YZF tail light (custom) B/N FMF can with Q insert,B/N chain(rk o-ring) and sprockets (renthals) Renthal button bend bars, Clear title!!! All around good bike! Kelly in Rochester...

• DevilishYZ450F

Posted July 11, 2006 - 07:01 AM

how did you add the headlight?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450GN

Posted July 11, 2006 - 03:00 PM

yeah i bet you would come out ahead if you parted out the street legal parts... and sold the bike as a stock bike!

that would be my opinion since people like me might buy your street legal kit complete :-)

• bg10459

Posted July 11, 2006 - 04:27 PM

yeah i bet you would come out ahead if you parted out the street legal parts... and sold the bike as a stock bike!

that would be my opinion since people like me might buy your street legal kit complete :-)

While I agree that you usually get more by parting out than selling whole, this is NY. A street legal YZ is rare, and IMO it has more value that way. What I want to know is, how'd you do it?

• dooweb2

Posted July 11, 2006 - 08:58 PM

I know Kelly , Basically he snuck it by the dmv, told them it was converted with a smile and lots of courtesy and they registered it ..Ithink he used a accerbis lightin kit and had the stator rewound.then spent alot of talon hubs etc

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.