Best Header/Exhaust for the 650R

5 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted June 17, 2006 - 10:57 AM

With all the options- please offer your opinions-which is the best for overall performance for the 650R? Is there any info or tests out there to check out? Please let me know. Thanks :excuseme:

• 6fiddy

Posted June 17, 2006 - 11:08 AM

I used the stock header and a FMF Titanium mid-pipe & exhaust and was very pleased. Light, smoother power curve and I loved the GROWL.....check it out in "my garage" :excuseme:

• 2000 xr650r

Posted June 17, 2006 - 11:25 AM

My opinion is the Pro circuit T4 full system. Looks good, great performance, and durable. Allthough it is a little expensive and is loud. You can get a new system on ebay for $550 shipped. Now if i only had the cash to put one on my bike. I hate fmf pipes. got a powercore 4 now and quality it very bad after a year of rideing. dont get one. Also heard lots of bad things about big gun exhausts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4whlfun

Posted June 17, 2006 - 12:46 PM

I am running the T-4 full exhaust. Love it. Looks good very durable and tunable. Loud enough that the people on the road know you are beside them. Wouldn't have it any other way. Like the harley guy's say Loud Pipes Save Live's

• mjlang

Posted June 17, 2006 - 02:09 PM

If you do a search on this forum, you'll find more opions on this subject than you can read in a lifetime.

• philipstjohn

Posted June 17, 2006 - 02:14 PM

Good advice. Thanks

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.