WR starter button harness

3 replies to this topic
  • Toyuki

Posted June 16, 2006 - 06:26 PM

On my 04 WR 450 my stater button blew up in side the housing, the contacts were corroded severly! I found this out by my starter staying engaged while the bike was running! I traced the to the quik disconect and disconected it fixing the sticking starter problem! my question is can I ride this weekend with that wire harness disconected?

• jerryls

Posted June 16, 2006 - 07:53 PM

You can go riding this weekend. But you'll be kicking it.

Jerry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Toyuki

Posted June 16, 2006 - 09:11 PM

thanks thats what I figured! I just wanted a second opinion!

• tony1970

Posted June 17, 2006 - 10:40 AM

Switch your kill button to the starter side terminal until you can replace the starter button with a better one. They are the same type of button and terminal. you can use your main switch to kill the bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.