How to fix your rabit ears rear signal lights on your 05/06 WR's rear fender

11 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 16, 2006 - 05:10 PM

Any of you guys installed a dual sport kit with rear signal lights and mounted them on your rear fenders only to find they are pointing upwards and look teerrible, this thread is for you, Hope it helps someone.
Posted Image

What i done, after installing them, they were pointing up and i hated it. I bent them down and put some duct tape on them to hold them in the position i needed them, then i heated up the bent area (in the pic) until the rubber got hot, then i let it cool down overnight, removed the tape and voila they stayed right in place.

Posted Image

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 16, 2006 - 06:34 PM

Most of our group have gone to flush mounts on the rear as the stalk mount lights aren't very crash resistant.

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:39 AM

True, I just posted this because people were PM'img me asking how i straightened out mine. I have been extremely lucky (knock on wood) so far that I have not dropped my bike or crashed it yet, I guess I haven't been pushing it Quite enough yet......

• Matty05

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:48 AM

Most of our group have gone to flush mounts on the rear as the stalk mount lights aren't very crash resistant.

:excuseme:
I'll get a pic of mine tomorrow or next day if you want....

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 05:05 AM

Sure thing, we (I) love pictures.........

• byggd

Posted June 17, 2006 - 07:32 AM

http://s18.photobuck...=03WR450006.jpg

Any of you guys installed a dual sport kit with rear signal lights and mounted them on your rear fenders only to find they are pointing upwards and look teerrible, this thread is for you, Hope it helps someone.
Posted Image

What i done, after installing them, they were pointing up and i hated it. I bent them down and put some duct tape on them to hold them in the position i needed them, then i heated up the bent area (in the pic) until the rubber got hot, then i let it cool down overnight, removed the tape and voila they stayed right in place.

Posted Image

I had a set like that on my last bike but the first time I biffed it I broke one so I went with a more flush mounted tear-drop style and never broke one again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWILES

Posted June 17, 2006 - 08:21 AM

I don't want to sound stupid but can you not get the whole street kit from Yamaha? The WR's come with it in other countries.

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 17, 2006 - 09:11 AM

Or you could just do this.
Posted Image
Or this.
Posted Image

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 17, 2006 - 09:28 AM

Or you could just do this.
Posted Image
Or this.
Posted Image

Could you post or pm me more pictures of your bike. From what i can tell thats the only good looking black ive seen on a dirtbike.

I like something close to this.
Posted Image

• Bamster

Posted June 17, 2006 - 10:20 AM

Looks like a high dose of pledge on that plastic.
Maybe a clear coat or some plastic renew?

Posted Image

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 11:17 AM

that is a nice black WR forsure, as for getting it from yamaha, I have asked people from Australia here to ask their dealer what part number kit they get as they install them at the local dealer before selling them, but no-one wants to help us, so I ended up buying a kit from Baja Designs, I would have spent double that to get a proper yamaha one but that's just the way I am. :excuseme:

• SID013

Posted June 18, 2006 - 11:52 PM

Here's mine if you like a Black WR450

http://i65.photobuck...ss/DSC00816.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.