Someone sell me your stock Air filter cage

7 replies to this topic
  • Blome

Posted June 16, 2006 - 04:57 PM

I mentioned this in one of my threads, but I didn't find anybody with one. So, if you have a stock air filter cage for an XR600R than I would be interested in buying it or trading it for a Twin Air cage that I just bought brand new.

• Blome

Posted June 18, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Anyone?

• Few

Posted June 18, 2006 - 12:06 PM

Whats wrong with the aftermarket?
I have one of each and do not use the stock?

• j5hunter

Posted June 18, 2006 - 04:00 PM

I bought an aftermarket one with filter on ebay for $14.95

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blome

Posted June 18, 2006 - 07:38 PM

For some reason my bike isn't liking the aftermarket cage. I don't know if it has to do with the air velocity or what, but no matter how rich I jet the bike it won't clear out the bog that it has. I am willing to put a new carb on it, but first I want to see if I can resolve the problem with the stock cage. Their is two is reason's that I think this might be the problem. The first is because when I put my choke at 1/2 it clears the bog, but the bike is already running rich it must have to do with something else. The second, is that I read that Scott Summers recommends running the back fire screen with an aftermarket filter because too much air will create a bog, which I have. So I want to try running the stock cage to see if it makes a difference. You want to get rid of that stock cage that you have?

• Few

Posted June 19, 2006 - 06:11 AM

pm me, clean/new condition.

• Blome

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:28 PM

pm me, clean/new condition.

PM'ed ya.

• bigtooth

Posted June 22, 2006 - 07:47 AM

Blome:
I'm curious to see if that backfire screen cured your bog. Let us know. If so, I will deffinetly be in the market for a stock cage w/ screen.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.