What would you do with a $1400 yz400f...

11 replies to this topic
  • Climber

Posted June 16, 2006 - 09:26 AM

If you have an 05 450?

The bike is good shape with a Tag upper clamp and renthal fat bars. I was thinking about making it a woods bike (bigger tank), 450 exhaust cam. But...is there any, reasonable way to make this thing loose weight? BTW, I came across a good deal on a 2000 250 smoker that would probably be a better bike for both woods and track. What to do...what to do.

• Fastest1

Posted June 16, 2006 - 11:36 AM

You already own it? If the answer is yes, put the cam in it and ride the hell out of it. When you get on your late model bike you will be tough. You could always let friends ride it as a trainer a bad ass trainer at that! BTW they are great woods bikes.

• Climber

Posted June 16, 2006 - 02:22 PM

yeh. I own it. :excuseme:. It is a good bike that I got into right. So I have some room to upgrade parts on it. Would like to do the 450 plastics upgrade, but not sure if it will loose enough weight to make it worth it.

Needs the cam, though.

• Lemay427

Posted June 16, 2006 - 10:02 PM

get a 2 smoke for the woods

• Fastest1

Posted June 17, 2006 - 05:59 AM

get a 2 smoke for the woods

Wouldnt want one for anything but a chain saw.

• MichiganMXer

Posted June 17, 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hold on to it man and let your friends ride it. It should get em hooked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Markopolo400

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:03 PM

I would ride it as a practice bike.

Getting off the 400f and onto a lighter 450f will only make you faster.

• Climber

Posted June 17, 2006 - 08:56 PM

I would ride it as a practice bike.

Getting off the 400f and onto a lighter 450f will only make you faster.

That is what I'm doing. I always start off on it and finish on the 450. Less hours on the 450 and a good way to warm up.

• sn22

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:10 PM

supermoto it and ride it back and forth to work!!

• Climber

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:48 PM

supermoto it and ride it back and forth to work!!

I gave up street riding. Rode Harleys for almost 20 years. To many close calls that were not my fault. At least at the track it is mostly my bad choices and I'm still recovering from one about a month ago. On the road, I'll stick to the cage.

• Climber

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:56 PM

So, how do I make this pig loose weight?

Are the 450 plastics worth it?

• skidooboy

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:02 PM

i vote for super moto set up as well. it is more fun than we are allowed to have. doesnt mean you have to ride it on the street, do a few track days and you'll be hooked. check out the super moto forum here. i have pics from last weeks outing. something about a mto cross bike and slicks on asphalt that just gets me all worked up. unbelieveable traction and power to weight ratio. sliding the rear on pavement is way cool too. ski

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.