So I walked into the garage this morning and saw... (pics/need help)

:excuseme:

100_0624.jpg

100_0625.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0629.jpg

I wiped it off but its defiantly coming from here....(I think called the oil hose)

100_0628.jpg

The last time I road was Wednesday and it started leaking (must have been) last night. Although now that I think of it when I was doing the regular maintenance yesterday and I was going over bolts and remembered tightening that one. (only like 1/4 turn, if that). If you have any idea's on why its leaking its appreciated. Well I wasn't going to go do my oil change till after next ride but I'm going to go do it now. Then Ill check back here with any ideas. Thanks

Have you ever noticed any leaking in the past? Have you tightened that bolt ever in the past?

First step:

Remove the oil line and take the crush washer to NAPA for a replacement. Should cost a quarter (if that...). Start with the easy fix.

Have you ever noticed any leaking in the past? Have you tightened that bolt ever in the past?

First step:

Remove the oil line and take the crush washer to NAPA for a replacement. Should cost a quarter (if that...). Start with the easy fix.

No I haven't seen any leaking in the past and I don't think I have tightened that bolt before (haven't had the bike to long). I'm just about done with draining the oil. Once I do ill take the line out and replace the washer. But whats NAPA? Thanks a bunch.

There is no crush washer there, so stop hunting. It is very unlikely that the O-ring was causing your leak. There could be a crack at the joint between the fitting and the line, but that's also pretty unusual.

I think you should look for another source, probably a crankcase cover gasket that has slipped inward between bolts.

o rings,especially ones that don't have any cuts in them, don't just start leaking overnight, i would also believe that there is a grack on a joint or a gasket has slipped, if the o ring was the wrong size it would've leaked before, especially since the bolt wasn't loose. make sure that the bolt under the one you just took off isnt the one leaking, i would also get the bile off of the stand and make sure something underneath isn't cracked. oil can trickle and go a lot of different ways when running down on something.

put it back together, wash it off and clean the whole area with contact cleaner,

spray athletes foot powder around the area thats appears to be leaking (be generous and spray a large area) run MC until the oil stain appears in the white powder. Fix source of leak.

O-rings might not start leaking overnight.

But that particular O-ring gets taken out and in everytime you change oil.

I keep a couple of those spare and replace with new as required they cost about 50cents here so probably less in US.

put it back together, wash it off and clean the whole area with contact cleaner,

spray athletes foot powder around the area thats appears to be leaking (be generous and spray a large area) run MC until the oil stain appears in the white powder. Fix source of leak.

thanks for that tip... :bonk::excuseme:

• 2 weeks later...

I like it, Its like the rolling a fat chick in flour theory