Does a Mega/Power Bomb header do anything or just hype?

6 replies to this topic
  • RC81

Posted June 15, 2006 - 11:03 PM

Don't see to many WR guys running them and was wondering what your experiences have been. Thanks.

• yz250ftony

Posted June 15, 2006 - 11:10 PM

The mega bomb is the same except it has a lerger pre-muffler for noise:

I dont run one.

• jaggley

Posted June 16, 2006 - 02:28 AM

I have one and upon installing it I felt an immediate gain in response time. I cannot say there was any more power, but it seams to come on earlier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 16, 2006 - 02:34 AM

They must do something, Yamaha has powerbomb style on the '06 YZ's, both 250 and 450, everywhere in the world except USA!!!!!

• AUS_WR450

Posted June 16, 2006 - 05:45 AM

Got one (SX version) and can't say I noticed much difference at all. I already had the FMF Powercore 4 installed and was hoping that the powerbomb would reduce the noise level a bit, as they claim. It didn't!

The FMF muffler gave absolutely outstanding results by itself, so maybe this masked any gains from the header.

Posted June 16, 2006 - 06:43 AM

I ran a Q with stock header for 2 years and then after smashing and attempting to blowout dents 2 or 3 times on the stock header I got the Stainles SX Power Bomb. I was not happy at all until I richened up the main and dropped the clip on the needle....... now she rips :excuseme: and it's on average 2db quiter than it was with the stock header :bonk:

• odonnks

Posted June 16, 2006 - 05:00 PM

I believe it moves the torque curve higher, sooner.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.