Is there any way to lower my footpegs on my 06 WR450?

18 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 15, 2006 - 06:21 PM

I would love to be able to straighten out my long legs a little more on my bike, is there any way to lower the footpegs any? i know i would have to adjust the levers down also but i think that part would be easier......

• Matty05

Posted June 15, 2006 - 06:31 PM

you can cut the bottom spacer off the peg and put it at the top.
Or you could just get fastway F3 pegs that are wider and safer.

• Bamster

Posted June 15, 2006 - 08:23 PM

Get your ass off the seat and stand up biye.

• ARin

Posted June 16, 2006 - 12:27 AM

taller seat is also an option.

• MountainMax

Posted June 16, 2006 - 01:09 PM

I have a taller seat and handlebar risors already, and when im off road i do stand up, but when im cruising the street im not standing up, that's just STUPID!!! So i want to be more comfortable, I do not see what spacer you are talking about, do you have a pic??

• odonnks

Posted June 16, 2006 - 04:54 PM

As mentioned, Fastway pegs are the only option I've seen. They can drop the pegs around 12.5 mm (1/2 inch)

• Matty05

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:29 AM

I do not see what spacer you are talking about, do you have a pic??

Go out and have a look at your foot peg. See the round thing on the bottom side??? The footpeg is 1 piece, BTW, I do not recommend you cut!

• Matty05

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:35 AM

As mentioned, Fastway pegs are the only option I've seen. They can drop the pegs around 12.5 mm (1/2 inch)

Check these out!
KTM hard parts.
http://www.ktm.com/s...Groups=15&mode=

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 05:13 AM

Matty I was looking at that and noticed the springs may not work if reversed, and that will only give me 1/2 inch more same as aftermarket adjustab le pegs, I don't know if 1/2 Inch is worth it, one inch would be way more better :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted June 17, 2006 - 05:58 AM

When you do the footpeg mod you need to swap the springs. Some guys cut the spacer off and weld it to the other end, and some guys don't weld them at all. I'm buying another set to cut up.

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 08:08 AM

do i swap springs from one side to the other and then put them on top instead of on bottom? is this what you mean? i have no problem cutting them off and welding it on the top for a free 1/2 inch forsure

• BlackSheep

Posted June 17, 2006 - 10:29 AM

Just as a warning, I have the Fastway's and in the lower position your feet do hit the ground in hard corners or casing a jump. Great pegs, just a heads up.

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 11:47 AM

Thanks But I just cut off my stock spacers, moved them on top of the pegs instead of below, welded them in place, painted them, switched springs from side to side and reassembled, Moved the trans shift lever down one spline and adjusted the brake lever down also to tha max (without cutting off adjusting bolt) and went for a ride, I can't beleive how much difference even 1/2 inch makes, but like you said i will have to be careful when making tight turns or high opsticals.Posted Image

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 17, 2006 - 12:02 PM

Does the shift lever seem in an awquard place or did you adjust that too?

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 12:10 PM

I already said above, i moved the shifter lever down one spline, I removed it, turned it counterclockwise one spline and bolted it back on, everything feels perfectly normal only a little more comfortable.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 17, 2006 - 12:25 PM

Missed that part.

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:42 PM

No problem, I tend not to read too much in a post if it's too long too, lol.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 17, 2006 - 04:51 PM

Yeah i kinda skipped reading and just looked at the picture lol. I could tell what you did by it.

• MountainMax

Posted June 17, 2006 - 05:01 PM

yeah, I like posting lots of pics, I find it better in forums to be able to see what you are talking about rather then just reading about it. However I do like to leave some detail in case it helps others out too, as they help me..... there is a weatlh of great info here.Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.