Anyone have a WR400?

11 replies to this topic
  • Alyx

Posted June 15, 2006 - 02:59 PM

If you have a WR400 can you shoot me a PM I'd really appreciate it if you could take a simple measurement for me on the fronnt fork. I'd like to know the distance from the top of the front shock to the top of the axle hole.

Thanks in advance!

• standup rider

Posted June 16, 2006 - 09:01 AM

Measure with the front fork compressed slightly by the bikes weight or setting on a stand with the front tire in the air?

• Alyx

Posted June 16, 2006 - 09:08 AM

Measure with the front fork compressed slightly by the bikes weight or setting on a stand with the front tire in the air?

On a stand please, I need to know the overall lenth. if you can measure the diameter of the axle whole too that would be AWESOME!

Thank you VERY much for doing this!

• standup rider

Posted June 16, 2006 - 09:34 AM

May not be able to get back with you until tomorrow morning but I will do my best.

• Solo

Posted June 16, 2006 - 11:22 AM

I have one but it's at a friends house right now. I should be picking it up tonight and if you don't have an answer by then I'll measure mine.

• Alyx

Posted June 16, 2006 - 01:04 PM

There is no rush on this, I am curious about the length to see if it will affect the geometry of my steering angle. I'm researching replacinging my stock KLX forks with the nicer Kayaba's you guys have :excuseme: Thy're same diameter and the overal length and the length from the axle eyelet is the issue at this point, also the axle eylete diameter :bonk:

I'd like to NOT totally modify the front end if I can help it. just the showcks would be nice :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Solo

Posted June 16, 2006 - 09:13 PM

Sorry no go for me tonight. My buddy decided to go to the track after work and wasn't home for me to pick up my ride. If you don't have anything in the next day or so I will get you some figures.

• 5valve

Posted June 18, 2006 - 03:53 AM

'99 400
From top to top of the axle: 93.3 cm
axle 1.4 or 1.5 cm

• Alyx

Posted June 19, 2006 - 02:20 PM

Thanks everyone.

• Solo

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:10 PM

Now you have to tell us if your bastardation project works!!

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 19, 2006 - 05:26 PM

I have the entire front end (forks, triple clamps, wheel, brake assembly) off a Cannondale I was going to install on my WRF.

Buying my 06 CRF has pretty much ended a desire to ride my WR. Pennsylvania, not allowing me to (re) register my NH LEGAL WR has not helped.

I was tossing whether to sell the OHLINS or install the OHLINS and sell the Factory Connection revalved KYB's & wheel assembly...???

The OHLINS are quite mechanically cool internally! :excuseme:

• Alyx

Posted June 23, 2006 - 09:23 AM

Now you have to tell us if your bastardation project works!!

When I get the money and the time I certainly will, I'll take photo's and more :excuseme:

Again thanks to everyone who's helped out!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.