Rekluse clutch

17 replies to this topic
  • rob612

Posted June 15, 2006 - 01:36 PM

I'm Thinking of installing a Rekluse clutch on my 02' WR426. For you user's out there, what are the advantages that you liked about it as well as maybe the disadvantages. Was it hard to get used to? How does it work coming off a berm? I have about 4 yrs experience. Thanks

• 642MX

Posted June 15, 2006 - 05:32 PM

I could write a book on how well I like my Rekluse, but it would take forever.

You can find oodles of information about auto clutches by using the search feature.

• ETP

Posted June 15, 2006 - 07:19 PM

It was because of all the positive feedback here at TT that I decide to try the Rekluse. Haven't had it on too long, but so far I like it.
On open terrian like fire roads, etc, its just a novelty. But get it into some slow technical stuff and wow. :excuseme: Since you can't stall the bike, you just tractor over and up things. Roll the throttle on and off. Thats it. Less arm pump. Faster speed over most obstacles. Quite amazing actually.
Use the search engine here on this forum. Lots of material on the pros and cons.

• sorbs

Posted June 15, 2006 - 10:20 PM

The only con is realizing you've been riding so long without one. I'd give up my e-start before my Rekluse. Not sure if there is a rear brake kit for your 426 but if there is buy it!

• Shuffler

Posted August 08, 2006 - 01:21 PM

hey guys....I got mine installed a while back and the thing is awesome, especially in the tight technical stuff.

I'm riding the CO500 in a couple weeks, and expect to log anywhere from 500-800 miles over the course of a week, and a good amount is going to be pretty aggressive.

Knowing that, should I plan to get my oil changed mid-week? I'm told Team Green will be there in full support mode with Maxima oils....is it okay to run that stuff in the short term? I'm using Rotella T 15W40 right now. Would that stuff hold up to 800 miles of riding if I can't change the oil?

Thanks!

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 08, 2006 - 01:39 PM

I'm Thinking of installing a Rekluse clutch on my 02' WR426. For you user's out there, what are the advantages that you liked about it as well as maybe the disadvantages. Was it hard to get used to? How does it work coming off a berm? I have about 4 yrs experience. Thanks

First off I'll say that I love my Rekluse, And will always have one. I ride all over in all diferent types of terain. But one place is probly the gnarliest.
Walker Valley is rock and root hell. And the rekluse shines in this stuff.

The down side to the Rekluse is the fact that Im on my second Pressure plate top plate and ball bearings.

Thats right folks I have officially worn one out. The balls grooved out the top plate and the ramps in the pressure plate. causing the clutch to not dissengage. This happend at the Scottish trails event at Walker.

I was not a happy camper, :ride:

But Rekluse customer service came through and had replacement parts on my doorstep in 2 days. :thumbsup:

Get one!

Eric

• fish525

Posted August 08, 2006 - 02:49 PM

I just put one on my wifes wr250 and dam it I want one now what a blast in the tight stuff I think I will put one on the new 450 come October cant Waite for that new bike smell and I think the rekluse will just top it off

• 642MX

Posted August 08, 2006 - 03:49 PM

First off I'll say that I love my Rekluse, And will always have one. I ride all over in all diferent types of terain. But one place is probly the gnarliest.
Walker Valley is rock and root hell. And the rekluse shines in this stuff.

The down side to the Rekluse is the fact that Im on my second Pressure plate top plate and ball bearings.

Thats right folks I have officially worn one out. The balls grooved out the top plate and the ramps in the pressure plate. causing the clutch to not dissengage. This happend at the Scottish trails event at Walker.

I was not a happy camper, :applause:

But Rekluse customer service came through and had replacement parts on my doorstep in 2 days. :ride:

Get one!

Eric

I wore mine out too. Rekluse was going to charge me for another one, and then I told him I was calling EFM......2 days later I had a new Rekluse completely free of charge. You can't beat there customer service. :thumbsup:

• woodsk

Posted August 08, 2006 - 05:59 PM

What about lofting the front wheel over logs and such. do you still get the same hit with auto clutch?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:17 PM

What about lofting the front wheel over logs and such. do you still get the same hit with auto clutch?

Actually it pulls the front wheel up easier with the autoclutch.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:20 PM

I'll second that!

• clark4131

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:25 PM

If you want to loft the front wheel, you pull in the clutch lever (provided you kept it) to disengage the Rekluse, then rev it and it'll come right up. The Rekluse actually makes it much easier as you can't screw up and mis-time using the lever. Even without the lever, it's still a breeze...SC

• rich1167

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:30 PM

"For you guys who wore one out" How long did it take and in what kind of riding conditions?

• tacotory

Posted August 08, 2006 - 10:26 PM

642-mx-

What is EFM?

• byggd

Posted August 09, 2006 - 03:52 AM

I wore mine out too. Rekluse was going to charge me for another one, and then I told him I was calling EFM......2 days later I had a new Rekluse completely free of charge. You can't beat there customer service. :thumbsup:

EFM? :ride:

• JDrooster

Posted August 09, 2006 - 04:50 AM

642-mx-

What is EFM?

www.efmautoclutch.com

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 09, 2006 - 08:56 AM

It took 2 years of hard core off road. Mostly tight trails but also some open desert. Probly about 2000 miles plus. Running synthetic Rotella T.

The weird thing is. I installed the Rekluse on my stock friction plates that had 4000+ miles on them.

Then when they sent the replacment parts the stock plates are still in spec?
So I still am running the stock friction and drive plates after 6000+ miles.

And Im a big dude 260lbs,

• 642MX

Posted August 09, 2006 - 09:33 AM

"For you guys who wore one out" How long did it take and in what kind of riding conditions?

A couple years of MX and tight woods.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.