Who's go the best deal on oil filters ?

24 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted June 21, 2006 - 05:37 AM

I would like to see you find something that will filter better.........

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:15 AM

Here... read these...

and the link on that page that says... All about oil filters.

there's tons of info out there to back up this info... some of it's just hard to find, but the truth is out there, this sight thought seems to have the most info compiled into one place.

Happy Reading.

Oh and if that's not enough....

and all of the Links in it..... :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 21, 2006 - 08:19 AM

That's why I change my oil regularly..........

Posted June 21, 2006 - 11:32 AM

Speaking about OIL...

have you read these...

.... :excuseme:

• texas_hippie

Posted June 27, 2006 - 11:14 AM

The Scotts filter is good down to 35 micron. No paper filter can even touch that! At a cost of 70 bucks, it's paid for itself in only four filter changes! That Scotts filter is identical (except for size) to what we use in the GE 700C helicopter engines (jet, of course). That engine is just short of a million bucks a pop! If it's good enough for that engine, it's good enough for me. As for cleaning it, I soak it for about five minutes or so in acetone, (remove any o-rings first), then blow it from the inside out to remove any left over particulates, and to ensure no acetone contaminates my fresh oil. The high flash point of the acetone guarantees it will evaporate completely in a matter of minutes at room temperature, if you don't have the benefit of a compressor handy to blow it dry. The acetone is available at any hardware store for just a few bucks a gallon. Just don't get it on any plastic parts of your bike accidently!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.