07 Wr 450?

61 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:12 PM

I would like (as a shop owner) for all bikes to be efi. Much easier to work on and trouble shoot. Not to sure about it from a consumers stand point?

That's exactly why we in the know want it so bad!
:excuseme:

• Triumphs

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:30 AM

If the 07 WR looks like the one yamahacrazy sent over, I'll wait for the 08. The alum frame is what we all want but, the black plastic?

You can always change the color in Photoshop! Aluminum frame good...please no "fuel infection" Yamaha.

• Pincushion

Posted June 20, 2006 - 12:54 PM

I've spoken to someone who's spent time with the 07's and all they would tell me is to start saving cause this is the off road bike all others will compared against. Expect a pumpkin killer.

I'll be putting a deposit down as soon as pricing is announced and orders are being taken.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 20, 2006 - 01:06 PM

I've spoken to someone who's spent time with the 07's and all they would tell me is to start saving cause this is the off road bike all others will compared against. Expect a pumpkin killer.

I'll be putting a deposit down as soon as pricing is announced and orders are being taken.

Did they give anymore details?

• Pincushion

Posted June 20, 2006 - 01:21 PM

Did they give anymore details?

A few, but I'm not comfortable saying anything more out of respect for my friend. I usually wont have any input in these matters, but do yourself a favor and do not go bike shopping until Yamaha unveils it.

I will say there is another poster in this thread who's got all the answers right.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 20, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Bring it on! :p :p :lame: I am waiting for the ultimate WR450!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excuseme: :bonk: :busted: :bonk: :p

• Dube2

Posted June 20, 2006 - 03:51 PM

GO BIG BLUE 500CC......... the pumkin killer is what we want. I'm ready to sell my 81 chevy dually for big blue.

• Pincushion

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:00 PM

I'd be ready to pawn off some valuables if Yamaha would make a WR smoker again. WR250 2-stroke w/ electric start, lights, larger tank, nice armor, etc....
A smoker for the woods and the 450 for the desert. Perfect!

• Matty05

Posted June 20, 2006 - 04:06 PM

I'd be ready to pawn off some valuables if Yamaha would make a WR smoker again. WR250 2-stroke w/ electric start, lights, larger tank, nice armor, etc....

There is 2 versions of the '07 KTM 300exc, one with electric start!!!!!!
That might be the bike.....

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 20, 2006 - 06:15 PM

Ebay!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • comrade_yzf

Posted June 20, 2006 - 07:30 PM

A quick photochop

Posted Image

• banffboy

Posted June 20, 2006 - 08:37 PM

I've got a 97' WR 250 smoker that I'll never get rid of :excuseme:

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 20, 2006 - 09:12 PM

A quick photochop

Posted Image

They may as well call that the YZF 450x

• EVLXX

Posted June 21, 2006 - 04:03 AM

It costs lots to tune your bike's carburettor properly too, if you get someone else to do it.................

I wonder how much it would cost to get the bike shop to change a piston for you? :excuseme:

.... Re-read my post.... I have yet to find someone I would trust to do it, that I feel is smart enough that can do it correctly.

Case in point... if I put a value of -30 in th 20% TP and 4000 rpm box on my PC2... does it change the Fuel ratios in any of the other boxes and which ones..???

The answer is yes....... and it....

Nevermind.

• MKP

Posted June 21, 2006 - 12:38 PM

Hi there.
Why do think Honda anticipated so much the introduction of its 07 CRF450X, btw, with no change at all ???? :excuseme: :bonk:

Could that has something to do with the "big changes" Yamaha will bring to the 07 WR450F ??? :busted: :bonk:

Marco

• muddza

Posted June 21, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Hi there.
Why do think Honda anticipated so much the introduction of its 07 CRF450X, btw, with no change at all ???? :bonk: :busted:

Could that has something to do with the "big changes" Yamaha will bring to the 07 WR450F ??? :bonk: :p

Marco

Good point champ......very well could be :excuseme:

• EatDirt5

Posted June 21, 2006 - 05:58 PM

A quick photochop

http://i55.photobuck...ppen7146/wr.jpg

Thats a horrible job, if you look inbetween the radiators you can see the blue frame, lol. At a quick glance though it looks cool.

• davegod

Posted June 21, 2006 - 06:24 PM

looking at the bikes you've listed most any 05 would be an update though not one of them is bad.

• In_Elysium

Posted June 21, 2006 - 07:04 PM

Posted Image

Looks like thie one has been factory prepared

• Dube2

Posted June 22, 2006 - 02:55 PM

that's a YZ, the rear fender, tank, no front cable for odom, and the list goes on. Did you guys see the thread from the Vegas Show? ALUMINUM FRAME WR 07. I'm on my way to put down payment on satruday if they accept my money for a bike they haven't seen yet.

curent-05 WR 450(not for sale)
future- 07 WR 450(supermoto/street)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.