07 Wr 450?

61 replies to this topic
  • bg10459

Posted June 18, 2006 - 07:03 AM

I don't know about Husky's finances, but it can't have anything to do with sales because they're sold out almost everywhere. :excuseme:
I think the street legal thing is a big seller, though. I just wish Yamaha would follow suit, because I'd really rather stay blue.

• obermeyer

Posted June 18, 2006 - 01:17 PM

We will find out next weekend for sure.... I am predicting a dualsport/sumo wr450. and aluminum frame. EFI will be an epa driven feature. I would guess the yfz will get it this year since the raptor 700 system has worked so well.

OBE

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 18, 2006 - 01:27 PM

I just hope they dont mess it up and make it look ugly like a honda.

• SteadyEddy

Posted June 18, 2006 - 01:47 PM

I just hope they dont mess it up and make it look ugly like a honda.

:excuseme: :busted: :bonk:

• Matty05

Posted June 18, 2006 - 05:07 PM

I don't know about Husky's finances, but it can't have anything to do with sales because they're sold out almost everywhere. :excuseme:
I think the street legal thing is a big seller, though. I just wish Yamaha would follow suit, because I'd really rather stay blue.

Every bike here in Aust is street legal, and the husky's are the worst of the bunch.

Take their 510 for example. It is the heaviest of the class, the least powerful of the class too.

The class being the high tech big bores like husaberg 550 / 650 and KTM 525exc.

Just because it is one of your only street legal bikes, don't be blinded by them. Go the KTM525exc and never look back. This is the bike that can do everything and everything well. It is the proven shoot out winner. By the sounds of it, it is not hard to whack on a dual sport kit and get it registered. I see in other forums where people have street legal xr50's. It can't be that hard......

• Matty05

Posted June 18, 2006 - 05:08 PM

They don't even make the sales figures list here in Australia, and garenteed that they don't even make the list over there too!

• Looks450

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:24 AM

We will find out next weekend for sure

Why whats happeneing next weekend????

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:27 AM

USA dealer trade show....

• EVLXX

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:43 AM

07 = Alum Fram but no EFI. EFI will likely be 08 or even 09 to let the 08 YZ go first.

Then buy your 06 NOW........

unless of corse you plan on doing absolutly NO mods to your bike...

I have FI bike (street).... super expensive to adjust the Feul curves compared to any Carbed model. And even then it's Extremely hard to find a mechanic good enough or smart enough for that matter that can adjust it properly.... and then it costs even MORE.

Plan on this.... EFI after Mods = $500 to start getting close to right...

$300 for a Power Commander... and then another $200 for someone like Eddie to adjust it for you.

To really get it fine tuned... you'ld need a DattaLogger and that's another $500.

EFI is for the guy that Never wants to Mod his bike.... He just wants to ride it... in that case, it's a great thing.

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:55 AM

:bonk: But we have Indy here, and he'll post up some great EFI maps! :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:59 AM

I have FI bike (street).... super expensive to adjust the Feul curves compared to any Carbed model. And even then it's Extremely hard to find a mechanic good enough or smart enough for that matter that can adjust it properly.... and then it costs even MORE.

It costs lots to tune your bike's carburettor properly too, if you get someone else to do it.................

I wonder how much it would cost to get the bike shop to change a piston for you? :excuseme:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 19, 2006 - 04:43 AM

Here you guys go.......
http://i32.photobuck...y310/2007wr.jpg

• OneToGo

Posted June 19, 2006 - 04:48 AM

:busted: But we have Indy here, and he'll post up some great EFI maps! :excuseme:

Thats why we all would like EFI ASAP. There is enough combined talent here to ensure at least we know what is needed to make EFI work. Yeh, the hardware may cost but if we all wait until Indy has worked it out we will save heaps on the software.
Bring on EFI next year for that reason alone - NOT likely though I agree - Alu replica of YZ with lights is my guess. :bonk:

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 04:49 AM

Here you guys go.......
http://i32.photobuck...y310/2007wr.jpg

That photochop came from Australia!!!!! :excuseme:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:14 AM

That photochop came from Australia!!!!! :excuseme:

Thats more then likely what it is going to look like.

• Dube2

Posted June 19, 2006 - 11:45 AM

If the 07 WR looks like the one yamahacrazy sent over, I'll wait for the 08. The alum frame is what we all want but, the black plastic? craaaap!!!!! reminds me of a shot from the A-Team. If it really does come out w/ alum frame, my plan is to supermoto for the street only. I already have an 05 w/ all free mods, AIS removal and love-it!! A trail tech conputer and/or the Garman GPS and it's just like having an 06 or better.

California City 4th of July weekend, hope it's not too hot.

05 WR 450(dad)
05 PW 50 (boy)
05 50cc china quad(girl)
05 dune 150 buggy(mom)
78 RD 400 bought in 82(restoring soon)

• Matty05

Posted June 19, 2006 - 03:58 PM

plastic won't be black.....
You want to see a red one??? How about blue???

• Looks450

Posted June 19, 2006 - 05:07 PM

Matty is right. That photo was chopped months ago and yes there was a red one and a blue one to boot.

Arn't we all an impatient bunch of pricks. Would someone please go and bust down the factory and get us some pics so we can all put our minds and rests and our deposits at the dealer.

Cheers

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 19, 2006 - 05:51 PM

It better be more than what we expect from it since im holding out and not getting an 06.

• obermeyer

Posted June 19, 2006 - 08:05 PM

All yamaha efi machines have over 100 different maps on board in the brain. They are remappable and I would guess that the secret on how to adjust will come out in the offroad world. The Offroad guys will figure it out or just by a power commander type device and do it themselves. I would like (as a shop owner) for all bikes to be efi. Much easier to work on and trouble shoot. Not to sure about it from a consumers stand point? As time goes on it will be easier on everyone.

OBE

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.