Leftover BRP pricing

5 replies to this topic
  • GlocksRock

Posted June 14, 2006 - 12:27 PM

I found a 650R at a dealer a couple hours away that is an '05. They have an ad on cycletrader for $5500 or something so I call them and they tell me the OTD price would be $6500. Doesn't this seem way high? Has anyone seen any BRPs at dealerships near them? I wouldn't mind driving a ways for a decent deal.

• phuzz

Posted June 14, 2006 - 12:45 PM

This site http://www.motorcycl...1.html?pg=Honda has them for $5599, but that might be Canadian dollars (there's a converter at the bottom of the page if it is in Canadian dollars) Add in $200 or so for Forward Air delivery.

Place in Chattanooga TN used to have very good prices, but it was all pickup at their location. Might be worth thr drive if you're near enough.

• babbs

Posted June 15, 2006 - 07:24 AM

You can get a very nice used one for 3200 easily. They rarely exceed 3000 on ebay. On eBay you can compare 5 or 6, and even call and talk to the owners, its probably better than buying used at a dealer, where you can't talk to the previous owner.

I will never buy a new bike again. Just be real picky.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted June 15, 2006 - 08:16 AM

Go on Cycletrader and search for 650R's (if you run a search of "XR650R", you will see most listings, but if you do a search for "XR 650R", you will see a few more listings, including a dealer in Tenn which has a OTD price of $5385 for an 06, unless you live in Tenn., then only local sales tax will be extra. :excuseme:

• GlocksRock

Posted June 15, 2006 - 06:25 PM

Thanks guys, I'll look into that dealer in TN.

• phuzz

Posted June 16, 2006 - 08:42 AM

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.