TrailTech Mounting for Scotts Sub Mount

5 replies to this topic
  • sheriffwoody

Posted June 14, 2006 - 10:18 AM

I just installed my Sub Mount Kit (bought from TT) and removed the stock odo on my 05 WR. What are my mounting options for my TrailTech Computer? Has anyone used the bezel kit that TrailTech sells and mount it in front of the stabilizer?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 14, 2006 - 11:28 AM

Here's what I have. I hope this gives you an idea.

http://www.paradigmi...450/wr450-3.jpg

• sheriffwoody

Posted June 14, 2006 - 12:15 PM

Yea, It looks like you have the trailtech top mount billet protector. Thats what I'll get. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted June 14, 2006 - 01:25 PM

it works well. But truthfully speaking, I only use the simple stuff on the trailtech. Its not that I can't use all of its features, but I haven't spent any time with it. I never really care to know how fast I am going. My speed (or lack thereof) is usually dicatated by the trail conditions and my current state of mind. I am, however, concerned about how far I have gone.

I actually spend more time looking at my handlebar mounted gps (not shown). It does a pretty good job of telling me how far I've gone and how to get back.

I only wish the trailtech was angled up more so I could see it easier.

• sheriffwoody

Posted June 15, 2006 - 06:51 AM

Same for me, I dont even know why I have the trailtech, except for I am used to just having one. That is since I got my gps. It does a much better job than the trailtech.

• GCannon

Posted June 15, 2006 - 08:02 AM

The simple features of the trail tech are nice. I find the clock is handy and the service mileage counter is also handy without requiring a lot of input from the operator. It is also handy when set to complement the GPS information so that more information (speed and mileage) can be displayed without pushing buttons all the time (at a glance)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.