IMS Tank

3 replies to this topic
  • Alex_YZ450F

Posted June 14, 2006 - 01:42 AM

For the 06 owners that have the IMS 3.1 gas tank I have a couple of questions. How much wider than stock is the tank? Also, will the Works Connection Rad guards work with the tank?

• TeamEndo

Posted June 14, 2006 - 03:50 PM

The IMS tank is only slightly wider than stock, I can't say whether it will work with rad braces though as I don't have mine yet. The tank does fill up every nook and cranny around and below the aluminum frame, almost like it was blow-molded around it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stevequest2000

Posted June 27, 2006 - 12:30 AM

I have the IMS tank setup with the WC radiator guards. Mine don't bulge much, but I had to trim a good bit of the plastic from the back of the shrouds. I installed them both at the same time so I'm not sure if the tank caused them to bulge noticeably, but I know the Rad guards did. I just had to get a sharp razor and keep slivering off plastic. Small price to pay for all the piece of mind.

• Javelin

Posted June 27, 2006 - 07:14 AM

Here is a pic of the IMS installed from the back of the bike. I thought I had one prior to installing the tank to compare, but could not find it. The tank is not wider than stock, it is a little taller and hangs down lower.

Posted Image

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.