FMF header

4 replies to this topic
  • NZ Boy

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:27 PM

A FMF power bomb header has come up cheap. Would i get a power increase with the header alone? I know they are designed be be used with a FMF muffler aswell, but just wondering. Thanks

• crfmatt

Posted June 14, 2006 - 05:22 PM

Im not sure about the power increase...but it runs great with the stock midpipe-muffler...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 14, 2006 - 06:12 PM

You will be able to tell the power increase when you put it on....but if you want power add the muffler and rejet your bike with the FMF stage one jetting kit.

• crfmatt

Posted June 16, 2006 - 12:32 PM

OR you could just buy a complete fmf exhaust from me :excuseme:

• grayracer513

Posted June 16, 2006 - 02:59 PM

The Power Bomb works by diffusing the pressure waves in the head pipe. The effect is that you end up with a header of an undefined length, which tends to spread out the effective range of the entire system. My experiments with mine and my old stock muffler indicate to me that it has this effect on any system. (The exit diameter of the header is different than stock) The "hit" that the stock '03 had (actually a sag in the power curve followed by a recovery) disappears with the Power Bomb, and it gives the bike more beef at both the far ends of the scale, ending with a longer, flatter power curve.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.