WR426 '02 Igniion problems "need info"

1 reply to this topic
  • crackit

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:12 PM

Hey guys,
Got a curly one for ya's I've got a 02 WR-426 which has just started spluttering "BADLY". I think i've narrowed it down to being a bad ignition coil which tested with a multimeter measured (approx 23 ohms resistance) between the plug cap and orange wire terminal. I borrowed a mates coil which measured (approx 7-8 ohms resistance) then fitted it to my bike and ran it and it seemed to work fine. Then after swapping them out again as a test, my coil was obviously still bad and then the good coil decided to shit itself too. I'm just curious if has had a similiar shitfull experience or may know what could be causing coil failure. ANY INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED..!

BASIC RESULTS SO FAR INDICATE: Good coil has approx 7-8 ohms and book states 9-14 ohms, and the 2 coils i now have are 23 ohms resistance and the bike is un-ridable...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crackit

Posted June 19, 2006 - 12:39 AM

GOT IT!!!........Bad electrical connection...Thats all it was i pulled apart all connections, cleaned, sprayed with WD-40 and re-assembled. RUNNING SWEET AGAIN...WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :excuseme:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.