Tired tires

3 replies to this topic
  • comrade_yzf

Posted June 13, 2006 - 02:22 PM

How do the stock tires compare with new maxxis or perelis and how long can you still have good tread life on the stock tires when riding on preaty much every kind of terrian?

• SJMC_DON

Posted June 13, 2006 - 02:52 PM

Stock Dunlops? I am a tried and true Michelin S-12 man myself but they are a soft terrain and fairly fast wearing tire. The Dunlops are a decent All Terrain tire I suppose but nothing puts the power to the ground like S-12's :excuseme:

Maxxis IT, (Especially Desert IT's) will last along time but not alot of people care for the performance of the front :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 13, 2006 - 02:56 PM

And it sounds like people are suggesting the Maxxis IS for the front?

(i'm going to make my first tire purchase and am just starting the research)

• Matty05

Posted June 13, 2006 - 05:51 PM

How do the stock tires compare with new maxxis or perelis and how long can you still have good tread life on the stock tires when riding on preaty much every kind of terrian?

I went through the stock rear tyre in about 400kms (250 mile). It was really crap with no grip. Being a FIM tyre, the knobs are shorter to start with.

I get about 1500km (950 mile) out of a Dunlop 952 in comparison, with 10x the grip everywhere! The 952 front kicks ass too!

Change your tyres, the stockers are crap. It is one of the best mods you could do. Especially the front tyre!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.