Pro Taper bars

9 replies to this topic
  • ranger520

Posted June 13, 2006 - 01:39 PM

I'm thinking about getting some Pro Taper Windom bend bars for my 06 Yz 450F. Will these bars work with the factory cables or will the cables be to short? Next Question whats the difference between the contour and original bars. The contours are about $20 cheaper, but according to the chart they appear to be stronger. Does anyone have any suggestions.

• xcape

Posted June 13, 2006 - 01:59 PM

They fit no problem I think they are made identical to the stock ones

• Blue4Ever

Posted June 13, 2006 - 03:12 PM

The difference is the alloy they are made from. It Contours are stronger according to there study. The Contour also comes with a pad and the orig. ones do not! :excuseme: Save the $20.00 and go w/Contour. Your stock cables will be ok.

• ranger520

Posted June 13, 2006 - 03:23 PM

• Fastdaddy

Posted June 14, 2006 - 08:56 AM

I have gone with the windham bend bars and the pro moto billet 10mm taller and 10mm forward risers no cable problems. They are about a week old and two rides.Really makes a difference. Like a new and improved bike.But I decided to get a scotts submount stabilizer. This will raise my bar height 25mm. So I am going back to the stock bars, go figure.If you are interested in saving some bucks and havn't bought the bars Pm me. The bars are the contour Windham, like I said and Ill give you a good deal on either or both.

Thanks Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted June 14, 2006 - 02:11 PM

I believe that Contour bars are stronger but have less flex in them.The orignal ones flex more but arent as strong.

• grayracer513

Posted June 14, 2006 - 03:03 PM

They fit no problem I think they are made identical to the stock ones

The OEM '06 bars are essentially identical to the Pro Taper "YZ High" bend, which is, in reality, just a YZ bend, and pretty much the same as they have been for several years. The Windham bend is the same as the RM Mid bend, and is about 4mm higher and has something like 2mm more sweep, or pullback. They fit mine without modification to anything.

• snowboardstylee

Posted June 14, 2006 - 07:54 PM

I just bent my Pro Taper Windhams. and buying another set. They made a big difference. i like the bend and the sweep. im a tall rider so they helped they hav ethe highest rise with the least amount of sweep .

(got bent when a quad rider hit my bike) ****in quad rider suck.. all of ya .

• cowboyona426

Posted June 14, 2006 - 08:28 PM

Another 06 rider with Windham PT's and 10mm risers, no problems. I went with Contours on mine as well, no complaints from me.

• Treagan

Posted June 15, 2006 - 09:46 AM

It seems like a lot of tall riders are getting windham bends with 10mm riser. Is anyone getting the pastrana bend that adds the extra height without risers? I think the sweep is very similar. I'm 6/4, 200#.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.