Rebuild kits for fuel petcocks??

1 reply to this topic
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted June 13, 2006 - 11:04 AM

While cleaning the crud out of my tank and carb I decided to pull apart the petcock and found it also filled with crud. There appears to be a chunk of rubber missing and it doesn't stop the fule flow in the off position. Are there rebuild kits available for these? 04 wr450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ryder

Posted June 13, 2006 - 11:37 AM

Had the same thing happen to me, ended up just replacing the whole petcock. I figured with my luck, I would screw up more parts and time trying to fix it, than if I just bought it all together. You can save 8 or so dollars in buying the oring and things, just take it apart before you order to make sure you are getting everything you need.

The OEM store here has parts diagrams, and they are available on the net too.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.