98 WR Carb Setting

3 replies to this topic
  • Rapture

Posted November 04, 2001 - 02:14 PM

I have a 98 WR400 with e series s-bend running 12 disks with a FMF power bomb head pipe, and a white bros power filter, and the octopus is still in place. I just went to the YZ timing, and I live on the East Coast. I have read a number of different jetting messages, and was wondering if any one is running this combo, as a custom race engine builder for race cars and such , I know that every combo is different, and should be treated that way. My bike is extremly lean from 0-1/4 turn, I brought out the pilot screw 3 turns and no difference, most reply's say keep the 45 pilot jet, right now I have a 170 main from the stock 168, and the stock needle jet moved from the 3rd position to the fourth does anyone have info for this combo, I race/ride Hare scrambles and enduros and have great luck with the stock wr timing but it is time to try something else. Any help would be great, and is greatly appericated....Thanks

• Bill

Posted November 04, 2001 - 02:58 PM

Rap,

Go ahead and de-oct. Go down to AutoZone or Advanced and get some vacum caps and go ahead and pull that crap off. You may want to try the jetting configuration listed in my signature. It is one fo the first well proven "E" (meaning needle) series jetting combos. Also keep in mind that the jetting config's on the 2K and newer bikes seems to be leaner, than what is required on the 98/9's.

I'm in York Pa and have the same pipe, number of discs, YZ timing and Wht Bros air filter. Should be dang close :)

Get ready to ride a whole new bike.

Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rapture

Posted November 04, 2001 - 03:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Bill:
Rap,

Go ahead and de-oct. Go down to AutoZone or Advanced and get some vacum caps and go ahead and pull that crap off. You may want to try the jetting configuration listed in my signature. It is one fo the first well proven "E" (meaning needle) series jetting combos. Also keep in mind that the jetting config's on the 2K and newer bikes seems to be leaner, than what is required on the 98/9's.

I'm in York Pa and have the same pipe, number of discs, YZ timing and Wht Bros air filter. Should be dang close :)

Get ready to ride a whole new bike.

Bill
[/QUOTE]

Bill not to sound stupid but what is the complete part number for the needle jet, and Thanks for your help I will try this out a.s.a.p. By the way if you go to wnyoa.net you will see my race event called the Rapture, in 2002 it will be Sept 8, I am the owner and promoter so if you could or anyone else on this site in the area, come on up and ride, it was a great event in 2001 and will be better in 2002....Rick

• Blue_Boner

Posted November 05, 2001 - 10:08 PM

Rapture, another option you may want to go with is the jetting spec's from strokerspeed.com. My bike has the White Bros E-series, filter and YZ timing is set up with those specs and has ran like a champ for the past three years in all conditions. Goodluck, Eric

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.