Ti Powercore Question

7 replies to this topic
  • WGP

Posted June 13, 2006 - 08:41 AM

How do you clamp this muffler to the stock head pipe?

Its fits like a glove right over but the stock clamp is to big due to the stock muffler collar?

• Matt B

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:46 AM

i was told to use rtv silicone, but it blew out on the first ride, so im wondering the same thing if they make a clamp or not?

• WGP

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:52 AM

The directions said to use High temp RTV sealant, which sounds good, but I would assume that would be in addition to a solid clamp? Maybe Not?

• WFO1

Posted June 13, 2006 - 01:48 PM

I just called FMF and they said it does not require a clamp! They told me just use high temp silicone seal. It's just a slip fit according to them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 25year2stroker

Posted June 13, 2006 - 01:58 PM

I used permatex ultra copper,thin coating all around header about 2" in from end.Slide pipe on and tighten both mounting bolts,remove excess permatex let cure completely otherwise it will blow out as stated above.Worked fine no leaks I don't think any kind of clamp would work unless you cut slots in the end of the mid pipe to allow it to clamp down on header. :excuseme:

• WGP

Posted June 13, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Mystery Solved, Thanks!!

Oh ya, The pipe was well worth the change :excuseme:

• MountainMax

Posted June 13, 2006 - 05:17 PM

I have used that ultra copper high temp stuff on my snowmobiles, works great, if you let it dry 24 hours first........

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted June 14, 2006 - 02:04 AM

How do you clamp this muffler to the stock head pipe?

Its fits like a glove right over but the stock clamp is to big due to the stock muffler collar?

just used the high temp silicon for the fit and no problems here.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.