new to the yzf forum

9 replies to this topic
  • Ranger18

Posted June 12, 2006 - 12:01 PM

I Just picked up my new 06 yz450f this weekend. As you can see I'm no stranger to thumpertalk, however this is my first 4 stroke yamaha. I did have a few questions for all you 06 riders. Were is a good place to find parts for this new of a bike? I was looking into skid plates, radiator guards, and spark arrestors. This is what I've found: Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor, Devol Rad guards and skid plate. I have also seen the utah sport cycle skid plate, but I can get the devol for $15 cheaper.(I like the skid plate to offer all around protection for desert riding) If you have any thing you would like to ad, please do, I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks. :applause:

Posted June 12, 2006 - 01:54 PM

i have the devol, it's pretty good.

• Ranger18

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:01 PM

i have the devol, it's pretty good.

Skid plate or rad braces? Could you post a picture?

• barch88

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:06 PM

I don't like the look of Devol myself, to me it looks like cheap steel. I have read before that it don't fit good on some of the 06's, but I may be thinking of the wrong company.

I have been running without a skid plate and just been using the stock guide plate, but I don't trail ride, so I don't have to worry too much about branches or rocks hitting my cases so much.

The radiator guards by Devol look really good to me though, unlike there wide skid plates. I myself ordered a pair and they fit well, and work well. I ordered mine through my dealership so I couldn't give you a site. As for spark arrestor, I don't use one, so I couldn't tell you. Try finding a slip-on by FMF or GYTR parts. The one your talking about is the only other one I know of.

I love the bike, some other things I want to point out to you before you go blow more money on parts later down the road. The stock chain; sucks, you may want to replace it before you run it and it also wears down the stock sprockets. And, of course, grease everything. The bikes great man, and have fun!

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:21 PM

I was going to get the Devol Radiator guards until I saw my buddies on a muddy weekend of woods riding. He had a hard time keeping air flowing over the radiator due to severe mud packing. My bike came with the Works Connection braces behind the radiators and I have been surprised how well they work. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted June 12, 2006 - 03:51 PM

GYTR skidplate fits perfect
http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx
Posted Image

• xcape

Posted June 12, 2006 - 06:01 PM

I have the devol skid and it fits perfect.

• cowboyona426

Posted June 12, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Thumpertalk store is probably your best bet for picking up goodies. PMB endcap, Works Connection skid plate and radiator cages are a good idea for the bike, I also suggest a decent chain, taller bars, and good aluminum handguards if you trail ride. Stuff like a Zip-Ty fuel screw makes fine-tuning the jetting easier. Enjoy the new ride! :excuseme:

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted June 14, 2006 - 01:36 AM

I really like my Works Connection Rad cages and Skid plate, oh and the Cycra Stealth DX Handguards are awsome.

• Matty05

Posted June 14, 2006 - 03:32 AM

GYTR skidplate fits perfect

Looks perfect too! :excuseme:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.