anyone got a stock WR 426 exhaust ?

6 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted June 12, 2006 - 11:54 AM

anyone got a stock 2001 WR 426 exhaust you wanna sell? perhaps you have one thats been sitting in your garage forever?

i think the stock american Wr exhausts have a removable baffle am I correct? here in Canada all the stock Wr exhausts do not. My friend wants one that has the removable baffle.

thanx

email wilson_tammie@yahoo.com

• byggd

Posted June 12, 2006 - 12:38 PM

I don't have one for sale but yes the pea-shooter baffle is removeable.

• GCannon

Posted June 12, 2006 - 01:49 PM

Boy if you think the American exhaust is a pea shooter! you should see the Canadian one i can hardly get my little finger in the only hole in the end. It sure is a big shiny thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted June 12, 2006 - 01:58 PM

The Canadian can has better performance than the American can (with the baffle in). Yes you can open the American one up but it will become very loud.
Tell you little buddy to keep the one he has and we won't lose any trails in Ontario to noise issues.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted June 12, 2006 - 04:48 PM

I got one Mint cond.
Make me an offer.

I have a UPS shipping acct.

• byggd

Posted June 13, 2006 - 03:44 AM

The Canadian can has better performance than the American can (with the baffle in).

Why is that?? :excuseme:

• Bamster

Posted June 13, 2006 - 08:41 AM

Quote:
The Canadian can has better performance than the American can (with the baffle in).

Why is that??

It is not as restricted as the American one with the end cap. It is a little louder but comes in just under sound limit.If you take off the American end cap it has more flow than the Canadian one but becomes way too loud. I have an FMF mega max also and can put in 5 or 6 plates without re jetting,
(could probably run more plates if I repacked the can) yes I gain a little on top (really very little)but the noise is not worth it .I really don't need all that top end for tight eastern single track anyways, so I have gone back to the stock can to stay legal at all the organized rides.
I can easily fit my middle finger in the hole.
(that didn't sound right)
The Canadian exhaust is the same as what came on bikes in Europe.
Now we get the same same crap as you guys do, even the smog shit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.