Miles for tank full on stock WR450

22 replies to this topic
  • dirt fool

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:55 AM

40+mpg my first ride.mich trails .i was very easy on the throttle.still i was impressed,compaired to 25mpg from my yz250.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MTrowbridge

Posted June 13, 2006 - 11:40 AM

The key in your question is "with a lot of throttle". If you're on the gas a lot, conservatively figure 40 to 50 miles....that's how far my '05 WR450 will go before I start thinking about switching to reserve.

I just installed a IMS 3.2 gallon tank from Zip-Ty Racing. It gives me another 50% in capacity...and when I'm not on long rides I'll fill it partially and the Center of Gravity is actually lower than the stock tank...making the bike more nimble.

• Kmorris

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:04 PM

Not a bad looking tank (IMS). That extra size makes a lot of sense. I can see doing 20 miles in and 20 miles back to truck/gas with the stock tank but 20 miles comes on pretty fast.

Thanks all for the information.

:excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.