Anyone using Fluidyne Radiators?

6 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 12, 2006 - 08:17 AM

Considering these for my big bore - they are suppose to run cooler than the oems. Any reviews will be appreciated.

thanks

• mx369

Posted June 12, 2006 - 08:47 AM

I put them on my sons 250f big bore motor. They worked great . Even used W.C. rad braces with them. They also look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

keith

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted June 12, 2006 - 11:42 AM

Go into the ThumperTalk Tested section, great review.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 3TV

Posted June 12, 2006 - 04:51 PM

I put a set on my KTM 525 MXC and they did not cool as well as the stock radiators did. There is more to it than that though, because I also changed from the stock 3.5 gallon 525 MXC gas tank to an aftermarket 3.0 gallon IMS gas tank at the same time I changed radiators. The IMS gas tank requires changing to the 525 SX radiator shrouds, and although the 525 SX shrouds fit the stock 2.0 gallon 525 SX gas tank, and they fit the 525 radiators, and they fit the IMS gas tank, they do NOT fit a 525 with the IMS gas tank. The IMS tank is wider than the stock SX gas tank, so when using the SX shrouds on the IMS tank there is a one inch gap between the inside of the shroud and the outside of the radiator on both sides. This means the radiator shrouds do not adequately funnel air through the radiators, because a good portion of the air is going around the radiators instead of through them. There would have been just as big of a gap between the shrouds and the stock radiator, because the problem is with the IMS gas tank being too wide for the SX shrouds, and not the Fluidyne radiators being smaller than the stock radiators. So with that in mind I don't think I can accurately say if they are better than stock, but they were not better than stock in my case. My case would be similar to removing the fan shroud from your cars radiator, ... of course it would run hot. The fins are also very fragile paper thin aluminum instead of the much stronger fins on the stock radiators. Even after taking into account the poor fitting shrouds I haven't been too impressed overall, and I don't think I would buy another set.

• ncmountainman

Posted June 12, 2006 - 05:01 PM

the Fluidyne radiators being smaller than the stock radiators. The fins are also very fragile paper thin aluminum instead of the much stronger fins on the stock radiators.

unless the fluidynes for ktm's are way different than the ones for yamaha,i think you may be a little confused. these things are made like sherman tanks and could probly cool one too :excuseme:

• 3TV

Posted June 12, 2006 - 07:34 PM

I'm not talking about the outer case of the radiator, I'm talking about the paper thin fins that fill in the middle of the radiator. Stock KTM fins are pretty tough, and only bend from a pretty good force. The Fluidyne fins are soft as butter, and all you have to do is touch them with your thumb during installation and they squash out of shape badly. The outer case of the radiator is built tougher than stock, but the actual cooling fins are much more fragile (definitely not sherman tank material).

• bg10459

Posted June 12, 2006 - 08:00 PM

I'm talking about the paper thin fins that fill in the middle of the radiator.

I bet those paper thin fins improve the heat transfer performance of the radiator.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.