Drive chain problem

8 replies to this topic
  • WFO1

Posted June 11, 2006 - 07:31 PM

Hi Guys, I just picked up my 06 WR 450. I had just ridden it stock for about an hour and noticed my chain had been grinding away at the aluminum rear section next to the chain. I know my chain was a little loose from new strectch, but to grind metal on the rear section? It didn't go all the way through, just some slight grinding. Is this common for the WR's?

I have the jet kit and FMF Ti Power Core comming soon. This thing runs like crap stock. I can't wait to de-smog it!

Great site, and store.... :applause:

• andy666

Posted June 11, 2006 - 08:01 PM

I think they all do it i know mine did anyway.I made a little gaurd out of some teflon works great so far.

• Matty05

Posted June 11, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Common problem. Just keep that chain adjusted correctly to minimize it.

• odonnks

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:06 AM

Have you done the Free Mods yet?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Summit

Posted June 12, 2006 - 05:24 AM

Mine did the same thing. I keep the chain a little tighter (45 mm) now and it seemed to cure the problem.

• WFO1

Posted June 13, 2006 - 01:34 PM

Thanks guys. I may try and make some type of guard for the tail section and keep the chain adjusted! I am in the process of doing all of the free mods. I also bought the Yamaha smog elimination/jet kit and FMF Power Core pipe. I hope to get it done by this weekend! It's almost embarrasing riding this bike stock, theres no power!!!

This site rocks!!!!

• 25year2stroker

Posted June 13, 2006 - 03:56 PM

Mine did the same thing. I keep the chain a little tighter (45 mm) now and it seemed to cure the problem.

Same here,problem solved :excuseme:

• WFO1

Posted June 14, 2006 - 10:16 PM

OK it's jetted and de-smogged and Wow it hauls now..... I still haven't put the FMF pipe on yet and it still hauls. I did all the free mods,wire,cut the air box holes,bigger main(168) and Yamaha AIS/jet kit. It took me about three hours. What a difference. Now I need to go ridin!!!

• Matty05

Posted June 15, 2006 - 03:06 AM

Put the pipe on, it is 10 minute job, but then you got to rejet again.

BTW, your chain will still streatch a bit more but it will stop after 2 - 3 good rides.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.