Stock flywheel weight?

4 replies to this topic
  • Scott_in_KC

Posted November 03, 2001 - 11:48 AM

Anyone know what the '01 WR426 flywheel weighs??

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 03, 2001 - 01:28 PM

~65 pounds...oops, that's the whole engine! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_in_KC

Posted November 04, 2001 - 09:14 AM

A friend of mine added 8oz. to his YZ and I see some guys adding weight even to the WR occasionally. Just curious if there is anything to be gained by adding more weight to the already heavier WR wheel??

• Ron_S

Posted November 04, 2001 - 03:21 PM

Depending where and how you ride, a weight helps greatly if you are old and ride slower than all the young guy's. Seriously, the weight keeps from stalling in the slow tight stuff, and let's you lug more. I am using a 7.5oz weight, but there are 10 and 12 oz ones available. Gearing down to a 13 tooth primary and the weight made my Northeast riding much more fun.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted November 05, 2001 - 06:13 AM

I've got a 12 OZ installed and 13/53 gearing....Can't stall me out baby...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.