Need a spark arrestor ...

7 replies to this topic
  • 3TV

Posted June 11, 2006 - 12:55 PM

What are people doing for a spark arrestor on their '06 YFZ 450s? Which slip on exhaust is going to work the best?

• dbehr624

Posted June 11, 2006 - 06:49 PM

I am runnign the PMB end cap and i really like it. For a slip on though i would get the GYTR moto billet

• mlight9

Posted June 11, 2006 - 08:25 PM

I made my own for about five bucks and it works just fine.

• 3TV

Posted June 12, 2006 - 10:30 AM

I don't have a rivet gun, how much would it cost to buy one along with the rivets I would need?

I'm thinking about just swapping the silencer for one that has a spark arrestor, such as Pro Circuit, FMF, or Yoshimura. Is there one of these that is better than the others?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mlight9

Posted June 12, 2006 - 12:20 PM

You would have $15 bucks in a rivet gun and rivets. Unless your wanting to wast your money on just a spark arrestor go for it. But if you get one go ahead and by one that will quite your bike down some as well. FMF Q2 or a White Brothers E2 or something along those lines. I got my E2 on the way today.

• vtownrida

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:03 PM

The PMB endcap comes with rivets. I bought a gun at autozone for $12 bucks. Really easy installation and you can take out the screen when ever you don't need the spark arrestor.

• 3TV

Posted June 12, 2006 - 04:29 PM

Can I get the PMB end cap for a Yamaha in a color other than blue? My bike is yellow.

• cowboyona426

Posted June 12, 2006 - 08:08 PM

If you call PMB they may have a black endcap. I have the blue one on my blue YZ and really like it... no change in power from stock, and it adds a little bling. If I were getting a slip-on, it would be either a WB E2 or a Thunder Alley.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.