WR400 Lowering link !

8 replies to this topic
  • rmkspringhead

Posted June 11, 2006 - 08:35 AM

Does anyone know of a lowering link for a '99 WR400?

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 11, 2006 - 12:54 PM

The only lowering link that I know of for WRs is at www.mountainmotorsports.biz I think that it will fit an earlier WR. Check their website.

• Matty05

Posted June 11, 2006 - 09:53 PM

Don't waste your money!

Get it lowered professionally, It is better and cheaper!

I got my girls WR250F lowered 55mm.

• rmkspringhead

Posted June 12, 2006 - 04:11 AM

Where would I get that done and about how much$ ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 12, 2006 - 02:27 PM

Where would I get that done and about how much$ ?

Any suspension shop. For the front, they just add spacers to the top out springs, which limits the travel.

For the back, they add a spacer on the shaft that stops it extending all the way out.

This is how they set up supermoto bikes suspension.

It cost me $70 Australian, which is about $50 American. Those lowering links cost about $US200. :applause:

• redrocket190

Posted June 12, 2006 - 06:08 PM

• rmkspringhead

Posted June 13, 2006 - 08:56 PM

I don't see any type of lowering link on their (www.racetech.com) web site!

• Matty05

Posted June 14, 2006 - 12:09 AM

I don't see any type of lowering link on their (www.racetech.com) web site!

Not for lowering link!!!!!

For proper way to lower the bike, AKA supermoto style.

• steve lemley

Posted December 05, 2006 - 10:26 AM

Just got a quote to add spacers instead of using the lowering link to do it "right" from my local pro shop. They want $500.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to revalve and spring when this is done for it to be done correctly, change the seals while youre in there and have the back shimmed too. How is this any cheaper? I might as well pay the extra $100 at this point and send everything to pro circuit so I can go super big? My point is that we are only talking about lowering a bike here not redoing your whole suspension for the sake of lowering the bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.