Another pilot screw ??

5 replies to this topic
  • johnnyjeep

Posted June 10, 2006 - 07:45 PM

I took the pilot screw out to chane it to a zip-ty and I didnt see the washer. I took it out with the bowl still on. I looked into the hole and didnt see it. I probably dropped it, but is it possible it fell into the bowl?

John in Vegas

• odonnks

Posted June 11, 2006 - 02:57 AM

No, The bowl is isolated from the throat that the screw is accessed from.
Those things are tiny !!
It should have been between the spring and the o-ring. if it came out with the o-ring the washer should have been there too.

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 11, 2006 - 03:11 AM

well I guess that answers that. I was really mistaken. I was talking about the o-ring washer. I got some #60 o-rings last night to replace it. I hope they work, now Ive got to get a washer because that wasnt there either.

John in Vegas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kc55555

Posted June 11, 2006 - 06:42 AM

85 percent of the time the washer and o-ring stay inside the carb, unless you beat on the top of it. If your not sure if it came out or not just take the carb off and flip it upside down and use a flashlight to look in the hole.

• odonnks

Posted June 11, 2006 - 09:55 AM

I've also used a inspection mirror to look up into the carb.

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 11, 2006 - 01:36 PM

I looked from under it. Laid down, got dirty and looked up. Im prettysure I lost it, I thought the spring had sprung, but it was on there and the washer and o-ring arent

John in Vegas

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.